YMCA Buffalo Niagara fulfills its mission by offering a full spectrum, of youth development, health and wellness, social, and recreational programs to more than 100,000 people in Western New York, regardless of race, religion, age, ability, and income level.
As a dynamic, charitable community-based organization, the Y provides financial assistance to thousands of youth, families, and seniors each year so that they can take part in YMCA membership and programs. YMCA Buffalo Niagara is comprised of seven branches throughout Western New York, YMCA Resident Camp Weona, and provides program at over 40 community based program sites.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Responsible for the safe operation of the swimming pool. Delivers swim lessons to participants.
1. Enforces all pool safety rules, implements pool emergency procedures, aids swimmers when necessary.
2. Completes incident reports and treats injuries.
3. Instructs participants in swim classes, implements the YMCA of the USA and YMCA Buffalo Niagara swim instruction program. Responsible to meet or exceed swim program enrollment targets.
4. Is alert, friendly and responsive to swimmers, parents, and co-workers.
5. Records pool temperature, pool chemical qualities, documentation of swim lesson skill achievement, and attendance.
6. Conducts parent evaluations. Achieves a 50% response rate and a 90% satisfaction rate.
7. Ensures proper usage of pool equipment, i.e., lane lines, emergency equipment, etc.
8. Maintains all required certifications, attends all staff training sessions to practice skills and learn program standards.
9. Carries out other duties as assigned.
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
2. American Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard certification.
3. American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institution certification in: Professional Rescuer or Lifeguard CPR/AED, First Aid, Oxygen Administration.
Part Time /Non-exempt
Based on experience
YMCA Family Master Key membership
Monday- Friday availability
Mission Statement: YMCA Buffalo Niagara is a charitable, community based organization committed to providing programs designed to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.