At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Consulting is looking for new graduates to join us as Associate Consultants in locations based across the United States. At Red Hat, our Consultants play a key role as passionate promoters of the adoption of Red Hat's solutions in our key enterprise accounts, government agencies, and service provider partners. You’ll receive extensive training in Red Hat solutions and services to position you as a subject matter expert. Through a series of interactions both in-person and remote, you'll win the trust and confidence of customers' engineering, development, and operations teams by aligning their requirements and use cases with the functional capabilities of the solution.
Primary job responsibilities
- Play a critical role in bringing together cross-functional teams from Red Hat’s product teams, product engineering, support, professional services, and sales to meet the needs of our most demanding customers
- Act as a customer advocate to architect the right solutions and ensure they are implemented and supported in an innovative and reliable way
- Become a respected Red Hat subject matter expert at the client site, addressing their technical, developmental, and strategic IT requirements
- Manage software specification, design, testing, and deployment of open source solutions
- Act as a trusted adviser at the client site and assist the project or technical managers in setting and delivering on expectations
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of industry practices and thorough project experience and training
- Tackle tough problems in an innovative way
- Respond to incidents, escalations, and exceptions in a professional manner
- 1-2 years of Java or middleware development experience
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, object-oriented design, and development principles including enterprise design patterns
- Understanding of Java frameworks or libraries (i.e. Spring, Hibernate, Struts)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while balancing a consulting and coding workload
- Comfortable working with highly distributed teams, including interaction with the open source communities
- Ability to study and quickly learn and put new ideas into practice
- Passion for open source, software, tooling, and automation
- Willingness to travel weekly to client locations throughout the United States and Canada
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.