Specific Programmer responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform complex programming functions, assistance, and technical advice including design architecture, configuration, writing, testing, and documentation to complex programming of agency computer systems as assigned.
- Modernization of legacy computer systems to ASP .Net MVC environment.
- Modification of existing computer systems to be compliant with agency security requirements.
- Migration and modification of existing computers systems in older environments to newer platform environments following industry best practices.
- Ensure maximum system uptime for critical components to ensure business continuity.
- Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and performs problem resolution.
- Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures and provides Tier 2 technical support.
- Adheres to Information Technology application development standards and security requirements.
- All code to be checked in and out through code repository Tortoise SVN.
- Ensure applications are compatible in major web browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc.).
- Ensure supporting system database connection strings are updated to support database migration from DB2 to SQL database.
- Add required functionality to existing systems to retire active mainframe forms and streamline backend process where possible.
- Prepare and maintain system documentation and architecture diagrams for applications assigned.
- Work in a collaborative effort to conceptualize total systems and/or product solutions currently in place and remediation to system environment residing at the State IT Data Center.
- Ability to plan, organize, review, implement associated project milestones to completion.
- Recommend and assist in the design of system architectures to align with organizational strategic business objectives.
- Requires mastery technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes.
- Provide updates to the Project Team.
Qualifications and Skills
- SQL SERVER
- TORTOISE SVN
- RDLC REPORTING
- VISUAL STUDIO 2010/2012
- WEB SERVICES
- AD-HOC reporting skills
- Administrative system experience related to human resource practices, Financial Billing, and data security practices for PI and PHI
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Field, best practices, organization and operations
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $120,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- ASP.NET: 4 years (Preferred)
- VISUAL STUDIO: 2 years (Preferred)
- Jquery: 4 years (Preferred)
- Ajax: 4 years (Preferred)
- Db2: 4 years (Preferred)
- TORTOISE SVN: 4 years (Preferred)
- RDLC REPORTING: 4 years (Preferred)
- Web Services: 3 years (Preferred)
- Mvc: 4 years (Preferred)
- SQL SERVER: 4 years (Preferred)
- C#: 4 years (Preferred)