- Utilize catalogues, specifications, and other reference materials to develop the project materials.
- Utilize company standards, client standards, and/or Engineering direction to produce new drawings and update existing drawings utilizing Microstation or AutoCAD..
- Maintain document management system with quality data.
- Work with senior engineers to develop and evaluate plans for major projects, and proactively identify and resolve discipline interface of physical components.
- Plan, schedule and execute all electrical deliverables; coordinate electrical design team daily tasks to ensure efficient and timely design
- Train, develop and mentor the less-experienced design team members
- Perform quality control checks and provide feedback to team members
- At least 3-10 years’ experience in drafting disciplines with a background in electrical substation or civil /structural design
- Extensive knowledge of various AutoCAD, MicroStation and 3D programs
- Skilled in Mathematics, including algebra and trigonometry
- Ability to work in a growing, adaptive team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Drafting/Design or related field is preferred
- Legally able to work within the United States for any length of time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English language
- Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
- Travel in the U.S. and internationally (5-15%).
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.