Social Media Expert / Patient Advocate
We are looking for a social media cancer advocate to help us raise awareness about the importance of the tumor for future treatments.
This is a work-from-home position that requires a highly organized and responsible person who can work with little to no supervision.
Compensation: Based on experience
Location: Preferably Philadelphia (negotiable)
Time Commitment: part-time, 10-20 hours per week (negotiable)
Contract type: 1099 position (no benefits).
- Work with the management team to draft and refine various messages
- Re-position messages for various audiences and platforms
- Post messages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, U-Tube, and various blogs
- Work closely and continuously with foundations to identify survivor events/conferences to exhibit or speaking opportunities to get invited to.
- Maintain regular blogs online (and on our website)
- Design and execute periodic email campaigns
- Engage in online conversations with patients to help them understand what the preserved tumor can be later used for
- Build and maintain contact lists (including press, patients, surgeons, foundations, etc..)
- Coordinate, record, and edit various video testimonials
- Reach out to select foundations to introduce StoreMyTumor
- Must have experience with social media
- Must be touched by cancer, personally or through a close family member (key for this role)
- Must understand general treatment strategies (surgery, chemo, radiation…)
- Must be able to work independently, responsible, disciplined and organized
- Must possess excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Must have high energy and be dynamic with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment
Someone either in their 20’s (with lots of energy) touched by cancer and determined to help, or an older survivor that has been living with cancer and likes to blog and spend time online.
Serious Inquiries only.
No phone calls please.Please send resume and cover letter explaining why you would be qualified for and enjoy this position and also send prior salary and your hourly rate expectations for this role.
** APPLICATIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**
Job Types: Part-time, Contract