ENSCO Inc.’s National Security Solutions (NSS) Division is seeking a Physical Scientist. If you're eager to kick off your career and solve real problems in today's world, then this is the opportunity you've been looking for! Join our team of highly talented engineers and scientists while we provide innovative products and services vital to national safety and security. NSS develops cutting-edge solutions to unique and challenging technical problems, in complex operational constraints.
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- BS degree in Physical Science or related discipline (Geophysics, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science) or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of and experience in digital signal processing
- Knowledge of and experience in data acquisition and test development
- Experience in algorithm development
- Experience working with multiple sensor types, that may include seismic, acoustic, acceleration and electromagnetic sensors
- Experience analyzing large datasets from various sensors
- Interest and experience in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning
- Analytical and thorough problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Scientific programming language skills including MATLAB, LabVIEW, Python, and C
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in dynamic groups, and achieve overall program objectives
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to travel and perform field work.
- MUST HAVE A CURRENT SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE WITH THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN TOP SECRET/SCI, FOR WHICH YOU MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN. YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT.
- MS degree in Physical Science or related discipline (Geophysics, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science) or equivalent
- Knowledge of Ground Penetrating Radar systems and theory
- Experience in artificial intelligence, machine learning and data analytics
- Experience in developing test procedures and writing technical reports
- Experience with data fusion
- Knowledge of and experience in geophysics
Internal Position Title
General Education/Years of Experience
BS or equiv; min 3 yrs relevant exp
Background Check Type
Drug Screen Type
Export Control and Licensing
Contract Award Contingency
The National Security Solutions (NSS) Division provides security solutions for the United States government. NSS employees offer a multi-disciplinary approach to solve some of the most challenging technical problems in complex operational environments. Our areas of expertise are in sensor development and integration; chemical, biological and geophysical phenomenology; software applications and modeling; and operational applications of technology.
Key customers include the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Defense, and the Intelligence Community.
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.