Primrose Vision: To deliver the best and most trusted early education and care for children and families across America
Calling all who love singing, dancing, storytelling and nurturing young, energetic children! Primrose School of Windsong Ranch seeks enthusiastic teachers who want to make a difference and put their talents to use. Call today to learn more about how you can join the leader in early education and care – earning limitless hugs in a happy environment. EOE.
Goal: To plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® approach to teaching and learning
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations
- Infant - Preschool Teachers: 2 year degree in early childhood or related field preferred
- Pre-Kindergarten Teachers: 4 year degree in early childhood or related field required
- Kindergarten Teacher: 4 year degree in early childhood and certified to teach in the state in which the school operates required
- Competent and confident
- High integrity
- Good listening and follow-up skills
- Able to work with others harmoniously
- High coping capabilities
- Solution and detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Prosper and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Plans with a member of the Leadership Team the parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Prosper Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Early Childhood Education: 2 years (Preferred)