Ricchi Group is looking for Bilingual Commercial Building Engineer (Maintenance). We offer health/dental benefits, paid vacation, and sick days.
High School degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum three (3) years general building systems experience.
Ability to perform general building repairs in plumbing, HVAC, electrical, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize
- Strong knowledge in Plumbing & Electrical
- Knowledge of all sprinkler systems, alarms, and pump systems
- Strong customer service skills and strong work ethic
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines
- Friendly and likeable personality
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner when working with a tenant, contractors or public areas of the building.
- Knowledge of Direct Digital Controls
- Fire life safety equipment and controls
- Basic knowledge on pneumatic controls
- Able to teach others
Some of the responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for all repairs and maintenance of the office building, including but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, lights, locks, doors, fire safety equipment, elevators, pest control, landscaping, irrigation, signage, all building equipment, painting, janitorial, parking lot, HVAC, roofing and other miscellaneous tasks necessary to keep the building running smoothly.
- On-site contact for all contractors when property manager not available.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems and potential problems on all equipment in and around the building.
- Offer feasible solutions when problems arise regarding repairs and maintenance of equipment.
- Operate and maintain the mechanical and electrical systems in the building.
- Hanging and removing signage; report anything missing or damaged
- Replace/repair lights and ballasts
- Keep roof free and clear of debris
- Check elevator pits weekly
- Repair/adjust locks
- Repair/adjust doors
- Windows – check mullans for leaks, check blinds
- Restrooms and common areas must be free and clear of debris; report chips in sink; all latches working properly on restroom doors; all dispensers are full and working properly; graffiti; torn wallpaper or chips in tile; stains, pulls or tears in carpet
- Repair/replace gate arms
- Plumbing – maintain sump pumps, fire pumps and house pumps; repairs to toilets/urinals and fixtures; leaks, pipes, test emergency pumps
- Electrical – all timers; all lights and ballasts including emergency lighting; photo-cell; check batteries; junction boxes; trouble shoot shorts and breaks
- Irrigation – shut-off valves; head; pipes; timers; water pressure; water control valves
- HVAC – change filters; adjust and calibrate thermostats; trouble shoot problems
- Fire safety equipment – assist contractor during yearly inspections of equipment
- Answer questions the contractors have while working in the building
- Perform requests of the tenants that have been approved by property manager
- Communicate any and all issues to the property manager daily
- Report any problems or malfunctions or potential malfunctions of any and all equipment to the property manager in a timely basis
- Must be able to pass drug test
- Bilingual Preferred (Spanish/English)
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)