The successful candidate for this position provides organizational and physical support for household tasks, projects, and duties and will provide timely and strategic support for family as they transition back to multiple residences (city and farm) in the Louisville area. This position interfaces with outside entities on the individual / family’s behalf as required. Daily work assignments and priorities are set by the family and all interaction is to be provided on highly professional and confidential level.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Receive and retrieve mail, packages, and household items while all houses are being unpacked and redecorated. Handle email correspondence pertaining to households.
- Assist in the implementation of interior design concepts as assigned by individual.
- Pick up and deliver materials as required, including groceries, shopping, and other errands.
- Assist in household chores as needed and directed by family.
- Organize and maintain records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating and destruction.
- Maintain home offices in family residences, including all computer equipment and peripherals. Resolve user issues and arrange for technical support as needed.
- Create digital home and personal property inventories and maintain appraisals for interface with insurance providers.
- Oversee housekeeper and other employees as needed.
- Position will schedule and meet contractors at all residences
- Care of domestic and farm animals will be required at times.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Candidate should be a proactive team player with a great attitude, ready to roll up his or her sleeves to complete tasks like cleaning if the housekeeper is sick or taking boxes to the post office.
- Professionalism and discretion in all interactions with family, as well as on behalf of family.
- Organized and current filing of family correspondence and materials, whether paper or electronic.
- Proactive planning and responsiveness to family goals, projects, trips and events.
- Undertake tasks and projects with initiative and can complete tasks with minimal supervision.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to maintain a high level of concentration with frequent time pressures and constant interruptions.
- This position will require lifting furniture and other household items as well as other physical tasks. Candidate will not be asked to lift items more than 50lbs. Items above 50lbs will be handled by others.
- Ability to drive for extended periods of time as needed.
- Candidate should be comfortable in a farm setting.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
- This position involves working in multiple environments, including office setting and home environment with selected office equipment, including computers and printers.
- This position will begin as a part-time position working approximately 20 hours per week, though it may evolve into a full-time position. Non-traditional hours including occasional evenings and weekends may be required to complete assignments and in response to family needs and obligations.
- Position will interact with domestic and farm animals.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- 4 year degree preferred.
- Experience providing support either as a personal assistant or to a Senior Management level professional.
- High degree of professionalism and discretion and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Valid Driver’s license and proof of auto insurance is required.
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS
- Computer and peripherals
- Smart phone or other appropriate mobile device. Knowledge of Mac products is a plus.
- Personal Automobile
Job Type: Part-time
- Personal Assistant to a Senior Management Level: 3 years (Preferred)
- Household Management: 3 years (Preferred)