Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Social Strategy Lead, you'll work to keep Riot's social media game on point, providing leadership, support and mentorship to social media practitioners around the world. You'll establish and uphold best practices, develop and lead the adoption of tools, and shepherd the dankness of our memes across multiple product and regional teams. You'll manage a community of practice around social media, helping to ensure we're all pushing in the same direction and working from the same playbook when we talk to players on Riot's and our players' social channels.
- A social media bullshit detector: you understand social but you don't buy into the buzzwords; you disagree with the assumption that social media success can't be measured; your spell book is packed with modalities for tracking and computing the value of social initiatives to various teams and disciplines
- A co-op player: you're wired to work with leaders and those who've cut their teeth in the industry because you know they've got experience that'll help hone and sharpen your skills; you're always on the hunt for a mentor who challenges you and pushes you into Super Saiyan territory
- Platform agnostic: you have a broad and complete understanding of social networks, how our players interact with them, and how we can best represent Riot across different online communities. You have established relationships with stakeholders at each of the social platforms and will serve as Riot's main point of contact with each of them, ensuring Riot and its teams are informed and connected to the evolving technologies endemic to each of the platforms.
- Player-focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you're a player, too; you listen closely to the community to better understand their needs before they do and improve the overall League of Legends experience
- Independently agile: where others see a broad landscape of data, you see a treasure map, intuitively drawing to X-marks-the-spot places to begin your digging; you don't wait around for orders, working independently to uncover these rare and elusive data gems
- Educated: you completed a bachelor's degree in Analytics, Statistics, Marketing, Management Information Systems, or a similar field. Your knowledge and experience with all social and digital platforms crosses earned, owned and paid. Developing and managing paid social campaigns comes second nature to you.
- Experienced: you've rack up at least five years of brand marketing or digital marketing experience; you've got experience working with sentiment and online measurement tools and metrics reporting
- A gamer: you've got a deep understanding of League of Legends and the tastes of core gamers
- Own and evangelize social media best practices for Riot across all product and regional teams
- Identify and lead the adoption of the right tools and methodologies to empower the best social media execution possible
- Continuously evaluate the performance of social media activities across Riot - and lead the effort to keep Riot current as the social landscape changes and new channels and strategies take over
- Advise Rioters who produce content, campaigns or engagement opportunities on social media to help them achieve their goals across earned, owned and paid channels
- Lead a global community of practice for all Rioters who touch social media, ensuring a unified team identity and culture
- Self-manage, working in a fast paced environment with multiple deliverables and launches all being coordinated at once
- Be an ambassador and collaborator, bringing together disparate groups across Riot to ensure efficient, collaborative work in the social realm
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.