Control Systems Project Engineer
Experience: 5-10 Years
RELOCATION/SIGNING BONUS IS NEGOTIABLE
Enjoy the Best of Both Worlds!
The hustle & bustle of NYC and the slower pace of Central New Jersey -- in the same job!
Join a world class automation engineering firm! Thermo Systems seeks energetic team members who strive to succeed and make a difference in a fast-paced, hands-on, engineering environment. Our greatest asset is our team and we work hard to create a rewarding environment. Be part of something unique; excel and enjoy.
Who We Are:
Thermo Systems is a global, full-service control systems integration partner, providing world-class automation solutions within the District Energy, Life Sciences, Mission Critical, and Power Generation markets. From our growing number of office locations, Thermo Systems designs and deploys automation projects throughout North America and Europe.
Our Current Need:
We are currently seeking a full-time experienced Control Systems Project Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience.
Summary of Duties:
This detail-oriented position will report to BOTH our headquarters in East Windsor, NJ and Midtown Manhattan Office. You will be an integral part of our service group and project implementation team responsible for leading and coordinating the installation, start-up, and troubleshooting of DCS and PLC based control systems. Qualified candidates will also provide field service, repairs, and preventative maintenance procedures to industrial process control systems including controllers, networks and peripheral devices. In-town travel and overnight travel to project sites will be required.
Supervisory responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Technical execution of industrial automation projects in applications ranging from district energy, power generation, mission-critical HVAC and utilities in data centers, to pharmaceutical/life science.
- Project lead in control system design, development, and qualification of automated processes, equipment, and systems.
- Manage turnkey automation projects from design phase to construction/ commissioning.
- Manage subcontractors during construction phase of an automation project.
- Communicate with clients on a frequent basis to ensure customer needs are met.
- Develop automation engineering documentations and deliverables as required.
- Perform field engineering services to support the installation and operation of industrial control systems.
- Work independently and/or collaborate with project team in project delivery with the skills necessary to mentor and develop junior engineers.
- Overnight and in-town travel will be required.
Qualified Candidates shall exhibit one or more of the following attributes:
BS degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Construction or 4 equivalent years of experience and...
- Project management experience in automation projects and/or construction projects.
- Experience in the programming of one or more of the following PLC platforms or Building Automation System (BAS): Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Tridium, Honeywell, JCI, Allerton, Automated Logic.
- Hands-on experience with electrical panel, design, build and troubleshooting; including field installation of building automation systems equipment, instrumentation, and end devices.
- Experience in the programming or deployment of one or more of the following SCADA/HMI packages: RSFactoryTalk, Wonderware, Ignition, Genesis Iconics, iFix.
- Experience in third-party integration devices connected through Modbus, LON, Ethernet IP, Siemens P2, BACNET, or other communication protocols.
- Experience with information technology infrastructure components as they relate to industrial automation systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude to understand and troubleshoot the machinery with which our control systems interface. Previous field engineering experience a plus.
What you'll get:
RELOCATION/SIGNING BONUS IS NEGOTIABLE
- Competitive salary, annual bonuses, 401(k) with company match, relocation allowances and business travel reimbursement:
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including low cost options.
- Training: We offer in-house and factory technical training to keep our staff sharp.
- Vacation / PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Complimentary Lunch: Enjoy lunch on Thermo!
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, corn hole, horseshoes- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work. You don’t have to leave your jeans at home anymore!
Visit us at www.thermosystems.comOpens a New Window. to learn more!
Thermo Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time