City College, a private, non-profit college is currently seeking motivated, results-oriented, passionate and energetic individuals who can work in a fast-paced environment and are committed to changing lives through the power of education. City College is Institutionally Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Candidates must have
- Masters degree in Speech or Communications or an Unrelated Masters.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience teaching experience
- Conduct the class in a professional manner, creating an effective learning environment for all students
- Know the policies in the Student and Faculty Handbooks
- Be prepared with all material before class begins
- Know the departmental policies involved in reporting/ repairing/maintaining equipment and see that these policies are carried through
- Notify students in writing at midterm if they have below a “C” average
- Be sure that students evaluate him/her at the end of the quarter, and that the evaluations are submitted to the Registrar without being viewed by the faculty member
- Submit information on graduating students when requested
- Assist the Financial Aid office when asked to send students to that office or sign proof of attendance.
- Keep accurate, written records on attendance, tests and work submitted by the students.
- Accurately record attendance on official rosters; submit rosters after every class meeting
- Attempt to contact absentee students after each class meeting.
- Submit Daily Absence sheets to the Registrar after each class meeting.
- Accurately record grades and grade breakdowns on official grade reports
- Make sure the classrooms are in good order at the end of the hour or day. This includes erasing boards, turning off equipment, straightening chairs and tables, locking doors, turning off lights.
- Obtain the course syllabus prior to the start of the quarter; submit to the Dept Chair or Director of Education for approval if changes are requested.
- Distribute the course syllabus on the first meeting of class; review with students; follow the course syllabus for the duration of the course.
- Attend Faculty meeting and In-Service programs at least once per quarter; actively pursue professional development opportunities; report all activities in Annual Faculty Dev Plan.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the President.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Local Candidates Only – These are on-campus positions
City College has campuses in Fort Lauderdale, Gainesville, Miami, Hollywood and Altamonte Springs, FL.City College is Institutionally Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). City College is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education and the College is authorized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to accept and enroll non-immigrant students. City College is approved by the Florida State Approving Agency (SAA) to train veterans and other eligible persons under the Veterans Administration Assistance Program.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Teaching: 3 years (Required)