Amazon Web Services is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated Executive Assistant with a history of achievement to work with our Director of Infrastructure Operations. This is a highly visible, high impact role with tons of opportunity.
The individual in this role must understand business priorities, demonstrate the ability to proactively anticipate needs, and drive improvements to build capacity for the leadership team. The ideal candidate is one who exhibits high operational excellence when it comes to the Director's complex scheduling needs: This role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple, critical requests and show flexibility, and the ability to change direction at a moment’s notice. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information as well as professionalism in dealing with senior executives inside and outside of the company is critical. The successful candidate will possess the skills to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations which require a quick turnaround, be able to take effective action without having to know the complete picture, and efficiently and proactively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the department or other related groups.
Responsibilities for this position include the ability to think and plan ahead, delegate responsibilities appropriately, and manage time effectively. Other key responsibilities include:
- Manage complex calendaring and strong ability to optimize Director's time across multiple businesses
- Provide high touch inbox management for the Director: Creates a system for managing/organize inbound emails and can draft replies as needed
- Develop strong partnerships with the leadership team to seamlessly support the business direction
- Conceptualize and implement administrative mechanisms that allow for increased efficiency and ability to scale
- Manage complex travel & expenses, including strong knowledge of visa requirements and international travel regulations.
- Organize team meetings, conferences, and social events
- Build relationships with Executive Assistants throughout the team and across the company as well as with Finance, HR, and Legal partners for the organization
- Anticipate challenges and plan accordingly ahead of need (outside of calendaring, i.e. staffing, development, talent pipeline, etc.)
- Own and manage space planning for the organization across multiple buildings, including building relationships with central space management and facilities teams.
5+ years of One-on-One experience assisting at the Executive level (complex calendar management, meeting coordination, domestic & international travel coordination, etc.)
- 3+ years of Project Management/Project Coordination Experience (Space Panning/Space Management, Budgeting, Process Improvement, etc).
- 3+ years of advanced use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Word)
- 3+ years of experience working in a large international company
- 3+ years of experience hiring, developing, and/or mentoring employees in an Administrative position
- 1+ year experience leading a EA team
- Deep experience with detailed domestic and international travel coordination
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding planning, time management, and organizational skills
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and working with professionals inside and outside of the company
- Experience supporting an executive with a global team with offices in several different time zones.
Ability to handle administrative details independently, while exercising sound business judgment in keeping team members informed as necessary
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events which require quick response or turnaround
- Experience working with a global team
- Positive attitude and the ability to have fun at work and help others do the same
- Takes initiative without being asked. Consistently runs faster, moves sooner, and tries harder than necessary, while exercising good judgment. Is tenacious, intense, and has a sense of urgency around getting it done.
- Meets commitments with consistent effort, intense commitment, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed. Willing to do low profile, non-challenging work to get the project done.
- Ability to demonstrate grace, composure, and humor under pressure. Helps co-workers thrive in stressful situations. Looks immediately for resolution rather than placing blame.
- Values frugality and efficiency, uses resources wisely and creatively.
- Always looks for ways to make the leadership team you support better. Investigates and takes action to meet customers' current and future needs.
- Able to function well in loosely structured situations. Works effectively in situations involving uncertainty or lack of information. Effectively handles multiple projects or tasks at the same time. Is open to and responds flexibly to change.
- Shares information that helps others to help them do their job well. Keeps others in the loop. Fosters cross-functional and cross business teamwork. Builds and promotes team morale.
- Able to understand the diverse needs and styles of leaders and acts accordingly
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with others. Doesn't optimize for optics. Builds trust and rapport. Practices and promotes involvement and cooperation.
- Initiates self-development actions. Seeks and shares job-relevant learning, developmental experiences, and feedback to enhance performance.
- College Degree
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation