This position is responsible for cleaning assigned areas of designated buildings.
Designated building: Speolhof Fieldhouse
Shift: Sunday -Thursday 9PM-5:30am
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Clean lobby, hallways and public areas by emptying trash, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, and cleaning glass to ensure cleanliness and safety of facilities.
2. Clean restrooms by emptying trash, mopping floors, cleaning fixtures and supplying paper products to ensure sanitary and adequately supplied restrooms.
3. Clean classrooms and office areas by emptying trash, dusting and cleaning glass to ensure cleanliness and safety of facilities.
4. Inspect assigned work areas daily and place work orders for any required maintenance.
5. Assist in project cleaning including stripping and refinishing floors and/or carpet extraction
6. Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies to ensure supplies are available when needed.
7. Maintain equipment by following cleaning and care instructions and by reporting all broken or missing equipment to supervisor as soon as possible.
8. Be available to others who may need assistance or have comments or suggestions as necessary to demonstrate a commitment to quality service and to continually improve services.
This position may supervise student employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The position requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) or a one-year certificate from a college or technical school. Requires multiple years of on-the-job training or apprenticeship. Experience in commercial cleaning helpful.