***Management experience required***
The Assistant General Manager partners with the General Manager and is responsible for the day to day management of the marina. The most important aspects of the operation are maintaining the highest level of customer service and appearance for the facility and its staff. These however are not the only responsibilities, other duties include, accounting, staffing, reporting, leasing, legal compliance, marketing, and emergency preparedness and response.
- Daily reconciliation and deposits
- Monthly invoicing for slip payments/charges
- Approval and categorization of all expenses, submitted weekly to Oasis
- Preparation of annual operating budget
- Manage operations and expenses in accordance with Final Approved Budget.
- Ensuring all staff are in place and trained to provide each customer with the appropriate service and correct attitude
- Ensure the duties of the General Manager are covered on their day off.
- Regularly review and update the marinas emergency procedures
- Ensure that all staff are trained in emergency procedures
- Inventory and maintain emergency equipment
- Be reasonably available in the case of emergency
- Follow with insurance, management, customers, and law enforcement as need in the aftermath of an emergency
- Hiring of staff to appropriate levels and with salaries in keeping with the budget. Including the submission of all employment forms to Oasis.
- Preparation of schedule, minimizing the need for overtime.
- Bi-Weekly submission of payroll, overtime approval as needed.
- Provide uniforms to all staff
- Annual performance reviews of all year round staff between one week before and week after the anniversary of the hire date.
- Sales of new leases with the target of 100% occupancy of the slips dedicated as available for annual lease
- Ensuring each slipholder’s file is maintained, containing a signed contract and insurance
- Billing and collection of all fees associated with the contracts.
- Provide renewals to customers
- Maximize transient occupancy
- Ensure transient reservations, arrivals, departures, and stays are well managed and meet customer expectations.
Legal & Policy Compliance
- Operate the marina in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws.
- Operate the marina consistent with and maintain the marina’s standing as Clean Marina
- Adhere to all Oasis policies and procedures
- If any of the above are in conflict with each other, make Oasis aware as soon as possible to determine the correct course of action
Marketing & Events
- Coordinate with Oasis on marketing efforts
- Keep Oasis marketing up to date on upcoming events in area
- Hold three slipholder events per season, to be coordinated with Oasis Marketing.
- Coordinate with ownership as needed on events within the development, particular those that may impact slipholder experience.
Repairs & Maintenance
- Ensure that marina is well maintained
- Address safety, security, and liability concerns as soon as possible. These include but are not limited to lighting issues, gate & camera failures, trip hazards, & fire hazards.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- hospitality or marina: 3 years (Preferred)