The mission of Symantec’s Consumer Digital Safety Segment is to protect our customers’ information, identities, devices, homes, and families with Norton and LifeLock technology solutions. Every day we protect more than 50 million consumers and small businesses in over 60 countries around the globe. Norton's broad array of industry-leading, award-winning technologies include device protection for PC, Mac and mobile (iOS and Android), secure backup, password management, and parental controls. Norton recently developed a new set of innovative technologies to protect internet connected devices and families in the home (IoT). Norton and LifeLock have also joined forces to provide the broadest set of digital safety solutions by leveraging LifeLock’s comprehensive Identity Protection Services.
About the Role:
The eBusiness organization enables a world class eCommerce platform for Symantec across B2C and B2B to drive revenue growth and a memorable customer experience. This organization is an eCommerce ecosystem serving 55+ million consumers and generating over $1.8 billion in revenue. It fosters strategic business relationships and has the overall responsibility for ensuring that its roadmap consists of high-value technology projects and services that support financial and strategic company business objectives and priorities focused on eCommerce.
We’re seeking a motivated engineer with experience in TIBCO Suite of Products to join our team of Recurring Billing and Payment engineers. This individual will architect, design, develop and maintain key eCommerce applications, particularly in the Billing and Payments areas using majorly TIBCO Suite of Products over Azure Cloud and also work on other technologies. As one of the application lead engineers, engineer deliverables for challenging projects; provide best-in-class solution architecture identifying functional as well as nonfunctional parameters. Interact with senior leaders and stakeholders to provide solutions with hands-on technical expertise.
- Primary responsibilities include Design, Implement and troubleshoot software solutions using TIBCO suite of products :
- 5.x versions of
- TIBCO BE Decision Manager
- TIBCO BE Data modeling
- TIBCO BE Events Stream Processing
- TIBCO BE Views
- TIBCO BE Active Spaces.
- TIBCO EMS
- TIBCO Business Works
- File and Database Adapters
- TIBCO Hawk
- Perform Hot Deployments for TIBCO BE Decision Manager.
- Full awareness of installation and configuration of TIBCO software and IDE.
- Apply previous experience with TIBCO Admin/AS MM to manage applications.
- Work closely with fellow engineers to evangelize the future of the recurring billing platform with aligned vision of architects and leadership.
- Work Closely with Product Management, Quality Assurance and other leads for on time code delivery.
- Design, and outline solution architectures providing conceptual, logical and application level design.
- Provide technical expertise in support of application development and govern the implementations of the applications.
- Maintenance of technical documentation throughout the project lifecycle.
- Perform any necessary configuration and performance tuning.
- Responsible for communicating with QA and performance testing teams to deliver a high quality solution offering.
- Provide L3 Support when needed.
- Basic understanding of HTML.
- Understands the capabilities and limitations of the products and considers these when developing solutions.
- Develop solutions using XPath 1.0 and 2.0.
- Participate in detailed design, code and test reviews.
- Author architecture documents, designs and conduct review sessions with the team.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Be process oriented, have strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project implementations
- 8 to 10 years of strong experience with TIBCO Enterprise Suite of Products such as TIBCO Business Events, TIBCO Business works, TIBCO EMS.
- Configuring TIBCO Business Events for performance, failover and guaranteed delivery.
- Experience in multiple integration projects based on Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with XSLT.
- Experience with Oracle DB, SQL and RDBMS.
- Experience with REST and SOAP web services.
- Thorough knowledge of webservices functional knowledge.
- Prior experience with Recurring billing / subscription billing platforms is a plus.
- Ability to translate business requirements into low level design.
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations based on that analysis.
- Organized with an ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and utilize time effectively.
- Detail-oriented candidate with strong follow through ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, works effectively as a team player.
- Customer focused individual who keeps a customer first mindset.
- Experience working in a subscription business a plus.
- BA/BS degree.