Full Job Description
POSITION: Supervisor of Family Support Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Family Support Services
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time (Management Team)
LSSNY’s Family Support Services (FSS) Program will combine culturally responsive case management and evidence-based case practices in a commitment to equity in partnerships with children and families referred for preventive services. The program will assess child safety, promote well-being, and address risks as they emerge. The program will provide services to address the individual needs of the child(ren) and family members for an anticipated range of 6-12 months. The program will prioritize the assessment and monitoring of child safety, risk and well-being on an ongoing basis. The supervisor of FSS manages a team of 5-6 Case Planners and Case Aides. The supervisor is responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring the caseload, ensuring benchmarks, proper case documentation, record keeping and relationship management of their assigned team. The FSS Supervisor provides direction, case consultation, and coaching to assigned staff.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide supervision and support to Case Planners and Case Aides via individual sessions, staff meetings, and in-house training; trains new Case Planners and Case Aides.
· Ensure the program’s fidelity to the use of Solution Based Casework (SBC). SBC encourages child welfare workers to form full partnerships with families; focus the partnership on everyday family life safety concerns; and develop detailed plans of action with families to create the requisite behavior change to ensure the safety and well-being of their children.
· Reviews progress notes/documentation produced by staff directly supervised; monitors compliance with Connections and PROMIS.
· Attends community district consortium meetings as appropriate to discuss city, state, and federal child welfare issues and policies, and to exchange information that will impact clients.
· Communicates the Agency’s vision, policies, and procedures to the staff and reports program concerns to the Director of Family Support Services.
· Works in collaboration with other departments, agencies, systems and institutions to maximize scarce resources.
· Regularly assesses the safety and well-being of all clients served.
· Ensures quality and excellence in service provision.
· Ensures compliance with LSSNY, local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
· Conducts administrative and case record review, including those specified in the ACS Preventive Services Quality Assurance Standards and Indicators as well as those mandated by OCFS preventive services regulations.
· Conducts assessments and intensive, short-term therapy for families.
· Coordinates and attends all Clinical Diagnostic Team meetings.
· Participates in/facilitates Family Team Conferences, as needed.
· Adheres to the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Workers.
· Participates in all required LSSNY training.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· BA/BS/BSW/MSW Case Planners
· Case Aides
· Parent Advocates
· MSW interns
· MSW required
· LCSW or Licensed Mental Health Professional or Mental Health Clinician or Licensed equivalent human services graduate degree preferred.
· Minimum of 2 or more years’ experience in supervisory/management position a must.
· 3 years documented relevant experience in child welfare services; and/or experience working in the field of substance abuse or mental health
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· A facility for and an interest in working with children and families at risk.
· Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to facilitate training.
· Ability to work collaboratively with people from all walks of life toward solutions that benefit all involved parties.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Superior organizational skills; ability to manage time effectively and determine priorities.
· Ability to mentor staff and interns.
· Fanatic about details.
· Experience and facility with Microsoft Office Applications and OCFS Connections.
· Ability to navigate throughout New York City using public transportation and/or have a valid New York State driver's license and access to a motor vehicle.
· Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave