TERMS: Non-Exempt; Part-time (24 hours/week); Monday-Friday;
PURPOSE: To assist Principal Investigators and Project Coordinators with the coordination, data collection, and evaluation of research projects related to health communication and chronic disease prevention.
COMPANY: Klein Buendel, Inc. is a small woman-owned health communication research and technology firm that designs, develops, and evaluates public health interventions in collaboration with academic, public, and private partners. We fuse researchers in health communication, psychology, and behavioral science with a dynamic development team to create and test effective health programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (under direct supervision):
- Schedule meetings, data collection sessions, focus groups, and trainings. Take notes at meetings.
- Research, write, and edit content for health education programs, media, materials, and technical guides.
- Conduct alpha-testing of multimedia products; identify bugs for correction by the technology team.
- Recruit participants for research studies using social media and other methods of communication.
- Prepare research participant consent and interview packets; process and record returned forms.
- Assist with the conduct of focus groups and usability tests; conduct interviews/surveys with study participants; conduct other field data collection following a specific protocol.
- Triage and/or handle inquiries and correspondence regarding projects.
- Develop spreadsheets and Excel databases for project data collection and compilation; code interview responses; data-enter survey responses; follow quality control procedures; compile data in spreadsheets; manage data transfer to data coordinators for data management.
- Maintain databases and tracking files for research information, process evaluation, and quality control.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Assist with the research and preparation of grant proposals and study results for presentation at conferences and as manuscripts. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct literature reviews; compile and synthesize health and medical literature.
- Maintain databases of health and medical literature.
- Prepare content for slides and posters for conference presentations.
- Assist with research for grant applications, reports, papers and other documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Communication, Education, Nutrition, Public Health, or a related field or the equivalent in education and experience is required.
- Attention to detail; strong written, verbal, analytic and organizational skills; the ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information; and a working knowledge of some health education and research terminology is required.
- Must be able to drive to some local study sites.
- Computer skills should include MS Windows Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel) and use of multiple social media platforms.
Klein Buendel, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Klein Buendel’s intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour