Job Description - The primary responsibility of an entry-level business analyst includes to perform business analysis and related duties. Liaise with the project sponsors, stakeholders, external vendors and other functional areas to document current state, elicit & document requirements to ensure on time delivery. Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports. Provide Operational reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues. Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Review a variety of areas including operations, purchasing, inventory, and distribution
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing results as needed.
- May require an associate's degree in a related area, or some college.
- 0-2 years experience in Business / Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance
- Microsoft Office experience needed – MS Access and/or SQL experience strongly preferred
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extremely organized, adaptable with strong time-management skills