High end audio and high performance metal detection have many similarities: comparable frequency range, requirements for very low noise and distortion, sophisticated mathematical description in both time domain and frequency domain. The transducers are also similar and require a deep understanding of the underlying physics and are complemented by ingenious signal processing algorithms. We require a creative and lateral problem solver who thrives working in a fast paced position, ready to transition into a very different and rewarding field of activity.
- Research and design state of the art analog electronics using applied physics and mathematics
- Drive world leading research and development for the leader in metal detection technology and products
- Great opportunity to learn and develop your skills in a successful organisation
What will you be doing?
This is a unique opportunity for a highly talented individual who strives for the ultimate performance, and wants to be the key person for the analogue electronics design in our premium products.
- Work on Technology Advancement projects, and with the Chief Technologist
- Design and develop critical analog electronics for our premium detectors
- A real chance to push analog electronics to its limits in an innovative environment
- Build knowledge about our technology and sensors, analog electronics and the physics of soils and targets
What makes a successful Principal Analogue Electronics Engineer (Research)?
- Degree in Electronics Engineering, Physics or related field
- Post graduate qualifications are highly desirable
- Excellent applied physics and mathematics skills related to electromagnetism and analogue electronics design.
- Highly motivated by analog electronics, with exceptional practical skills and drive
- Proven achievement of analog electronics design and innovation, preferably 5+ years
- Experience in high performance low noise pre-amplifiers and high current fast switching and recovery transmitter circuits.
- Works well with others and has good communication skills.
At Minelab Electronics, performance is everything.
Since its origins in 1985, Minelab Electronics, an Australian Company headquartered in Adelaide, is the market leader in the design of metal detecting technologies for consumer (gold and treasure), humanitarian demining and military needs. Through a strong commitment to research and development and innovative design, Minelab is a major manufacturer of hand held metal detector products, exporting to over 150 countries globally
At Minelab, performance means delivering innovative technology and exceptional support to all detectorists the world over.
Part of the Codan group, Minelab has earned a worldwide reputation for innovation, exceptional product design, quality and reliability.
Benefits and Culture
Our culture encompasses high performing people who work hard but also enjoy each other’s company and share ideas. We are looking for someone to join our team who values team work and has a genuine passion and can-do attitude for what they do. Our Head Office is located in the leafy suburbs of Mawson Lakes. We offer many staff benefits from an onsite subsidised café, gym, tennis courts, secure onsite parking and weekly happy hour nights as well as modern offices that showcase our culture and team work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
- Analog Electronics: 5 years (Preferred)