Charter Financial Analyst – Open Position
Overview of Financial Analyst Position for Charter’s Real Estate Development Business
Charter is looking for a bright, energetic Financial Analyst located in the Boston area to join its Development team. In this role, you will partner with the Development team to provide complex, accurate and timely financial analyses to help underwrite Charter’s transformative real estate development projects, with the potential to grow your career as part of the Development team at Charter.
Headquartered in Boston, Charter is a growing group of dynamic Boston based companies that partners with communities and developers to unlock economic value while resolving complex underlying environmental liabilities and delivering exceptional community benefits throughout the New England region. Charter’s uniquely combined expertise in real estate development, civil/environmental remediation contracting and regulated waste management capabilities are designed to position Charter as the sought after partner of choice to resolve complex environmental challenges.
Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare financial models / proformas in support of Brownfield redevelopment projects. Develop and present investment recommendations.
- Maintain project development budgets, from screening through closing and implementation.
- Develop and maintain annual operating budgets on owned projects, for both internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Liaise with external tax/accounting service providers to prepare financial statements for project companies.
- Prepare and submit applications for external public / quasi-public project funding sources (Brownfield Tax Credits, EEA PARC Grants, etc.).
- Assist with Development project management as part of the team that manages these projects throughout their investment cycle.
Other potential areas to add value:
- Work with Charter’s Accounting & Finance team and Senior Management to develop ad-hoc financial reports and analysis across the business units.
- Assist in development and maintenance of financial statement forecasting models.
- Assist with preparing and presenting monthly and quarterly KPI and other financial metrics.
- Assist with the development of transportation and disposal pricing models.
- Perform logistics analysis in support of owned facilities’ operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or related field. MBA strongly preferred.
- Two - three years of financial modeling experience, possessing strong quantitative, financial analysis and modeling skills.
- Two – three years of experience as a financial analyst at a CRE firm is preferred.
- Exceptional time and task management skills in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects with significant responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Aptitude for presenting data effectively and persuasively.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Excellent professional demeanor with the ability to work with a wide range of levels and management.
- Self-starting personality who is ambitious, has a high desire to succeed, and can work well with limited direction.
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics. Values entrepreneurialism, independent thought and innovation.