Position: Project Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager/Construction Manager
Summary of Position: Support construction activities by planning, organizing, and implementing the following: project controls systems, engineering interface, subcontract and materials management, purchasing, scheduling. Responsible for total project administration on one or multiple projects. May manage other technical and administrative staff members depending on size, scope and complexity of project.
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
About ASI Construction LLC:
ASI Construction LLC is an industry leader in the dam and water resource construction market, providing services worldwide. Our company is a self-performing, heavy-civil contractor that specializes in the construction and rehabilitation of dams (RCC, earthfill, and concrete), hydroelectric and renewable energy facilities, pipelines, tunnel/shaft rehabilitation, storm/sanitary sewer system improvements, and other major water resource projects. ASI is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado. ASI strives to build projects safely, on time, on budget, and to satisfy our clients. ASI personnel have successfully completed numerous award-winning heavy civil construction projects in the water resource field, including more than one-hundred and forty-five dam and dam rehabilitation projects and over thirty-five new RCC dams. Our Company's vision and values include integrity, honesty, safety, teamwork and a passion for what we do. We hire people who thrive on tough work and challenging opportunities.
- Become thoroughly knowledgeable with the project's contract documents, drawings, specifications and scope of work.
- Develop and maintain the project master schedule using CPM techniques and appropriate scheduling software with input from other project management personnel.
- Set up and maintain the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Productivity Monitoring System. Review with other project team members and supervisors.
- Manage document control, receive and log in new issue drawings and other contract documents, maintain document control log.
- Perform field estimating/change orders.
- Prepare monthly Project Status Report (PSR) and Cost and Revenue forecasts.
- Attend and support ASI internal planning and coordination meetings.
- Responsible for purchasing and procurement.
- Responsible for ensuring that the project quality/assurance control program is implemented successfully.
- Responsible for subcontract management.
- May act as managing project engineer/coordinator on multiple projects.
- Provide supervision, mentoring and training for lower level engineers.
- Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
- Identify workplace safety hazards and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize them.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Ability Requirements for ASI Personnel:
Working in the field at ASI Construction LLC is often physically demanding. The following list describes the minimum ability requirements for field personnel.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials;
- Work long shifts with non-standard break times;
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements;
- Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting;
- Must have good hand-eye coordination;
- Must have quick reaction times;
- Must be able to hear adequately enough to be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting, or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning;
- If corrective device is required to achieve this level of hearing, the employee must be able to wear PPE without interfering with the corrective device or the required PPE;
- Must have good balance and must not be clumsy;
- Climb ladders or steps to reach objects;
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 100’ or more;
- Must be able to work in confined or enclosed spaces;
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time;
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time;
- Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots;
- Must be able to walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more);
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions;
- Must be committed to contributing to a culture of safety, looking out for yourself and others.
Preferred Qualifications and Training:
Must have proven abilities and skills in the following: leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning, organization and delegation. Must set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity for his/her subordinates. Must have working knowledge of CPM scheduling, unit man-hour performance, accounts payable/accounts receivable, materials control, estimating, job cost updates, equipment management and subcontracts.
The Project Manager position requires an undergraduate degree in a construction management or engineering field, or equivalent experience and education, and a minimum of 10 years experience in heavy/civil project or field engineering.
At ASI Construction LLC, we are only as good as our people. We offer outstanding benefits and rewards to recruit and retain the best professionals in our industry. When you join the ASI team, your comprehensive benefit package will include:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401(K) plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Gifted Time Off to include Holidays and Sick time (GTO)
- Paid vacation time
We offer additional competitive benefits that are position and assignment dependent.
Dependent on Experience.
Job Type: Full-time