Provides expert technical direction and leadership to resolve critical design and operations issues that affect development and deployment of new residential products and services over the HFC RF / DOCSIS infrastructure.
Exhibits strong working knowledge of, and possess first-hand experience in: carrier/noise, hum modulation, 24 hour tests, FCC mandated Proof-of-Performance tests, forward and return sweep, ingress mitigation, and basic knowledge of fiber transmitter and receiver operation in relation to Digital QAM signals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform analysis and modeling of RF signal behavior to help solve complex troubleshooting cases.
- Defines and compiles the methods, procedures, and documentation to support personnel in field operations and maintenance.
- Write technical requirements for digital media service delivery with proper attention to media quality.
- Review design and processes to improve reliability, operating costs, and customer service.
- Defines minimum knowledge and productivity requirements for technicians. Teaches, coaches and mentors technicians to help increase their knowledge, proficiency and capabilities.
- Provide recommendations on network growth considerations necessary to add additional technologies to the existing RF-HFC network.
- Plans, designs, and tests complex voice, data, transport, or video/RF networks including individual components and interoperability of multiple network elements.
- Prepare engineering cost analysis to optimize the return on investment.
- Provides strategic direction for enterprise-wide engineering design, deployment, service delivery & assurance of current and future technologies used for all services and operations.
- Investigates and recommends MOPs for ensuring system compliance with all applicable FCC regulations.
- Works with RF-HFC tool vendors to select and ensure that technicians and installer have updated troubleshooting equipment.
- Collects, maintains and develops new documentation to aid in the integration of new technologies into the networks. This will include Lab and Field system configuration and integration documentation.
- Leads the analysis of future systems prior to being released to the field. Works with engineering, deployment, support staff, vendors and field sites to ensure proper design / integration work has been completed prior, during and after interactive digital video equipment installations.
- Demonstrate and ensure compliance with the Amazing Customer Experiences Philosophy, all policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct and safety standards and procedures.
- Other functions may be assigned.
Skills you’ll Use Every Single Day:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Ethics
- Learning Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Quality Orientation
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Desire to help others
- Job Competencies
To perform the job successfully, you should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Quality Management
- Critical Thinking
Education and/or Experience:
BS/BA in related discipline (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) or SCTE certifications: DEP and DVEP.
8+ years’ experience in a similar technical contributor position utilizing advanced troubleshooting, installation and configuration methods in large cable or computer networked systems.
Knowledge of and the ability to solve complex issues in the areas of:
- RF engineering principles (RF communications theory, design principles, network optimization, propagation modeling and prediction, etc.) antenna theory.
- Advanced knowledge of return path, digital compression, and HDTV technology.
Strong knowledge of the following skill sets:
- Experience with Digital video Set top Boxes, Electronic Program Guide applications, Billing System, VOD experience, SDV equipment, Digital Head end equipment, Digital Video delivery Networks is required.
- Strong attention to detail in regards to project planning and documentation.
- Extraordinary work ethics and able to display willingness to help others, have courteous manners and professional demeanor.
- Ability to apply discernment, implement solutions and resolve conflicts, all in a multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Ability to relate well both with general public and with employees at all levels.
- Computer-literate, knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, PP, Outlook).
- Deep understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel.
We are constantly hiring Amazing people. If you are a passionate about your career, we want to hear from you.
Please join our extraordinary team and exceptional culture.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Telecommunications: 8 years
Required work authorization: