Union Mutual has been providing property and casualty insurance products for over 140 years. We have been named one of the “Best Places to Work in Vermont” for six years running and pride ourselves on offering competitive salaries and impressive benefits to our employees. We are currently recruiting for a Programmer Analyst to join our dynamic team.
Responsibilities of a Programmer Analyst:
· Coordinate with business members, developers and testers to plan, code, test and implement large and small scale projects.
· Develop using Java on an insurance software platform for internal and external users.
· Facilitate meetings with business members across different departments with varying technical experience.
· Work quickly and efficiently through high priority production issues and system bugs.
Top candidates will have:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, one or more years of related technical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience programming on a software base using Java or other similar object oriented programming languages.
· Experience using some form of source control for a large project or in a development team setting.
· Experience using agile development practices on a development team with developers, testers and business members.
· Knowledge of xml and SQL is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time