Residential Aides will report to the Residential Coordinator. There are full- and part-time positions available, and 3 shifts requiring on duty Residential Aides. The shifts are day (7am-3:30pm), evening (3-11:30pm), and overnight (11pm-7:30am). This position will work onsite at the Salon.
The Salon provides retreat-inspired housing for up to 15 women for 6-24 months. Daily programming for residents is Trauma-Informed and includes individual and group support, a full scope of in-house counseling services, and communal dinners. We are looking for a creative, intuitive, innovative team to facilitate operations within the home and inspire and encourage growth, healing, and recovery. Daily operations within the home include wellness classes such as writing, yoga, meditation, and painting. Applicants with special wellness skills/talents encouraged to apply.
Residential Aides will assist in the 24/7 operations of the home. Residential Aides will have direct contact with residents on a daily basis and will provide assistance with activities, scheduling, coverage in the home and on off-site trips, cleaning of the home, cooking (including daily community meals), and documentation of daily tasks. In collaboration with the Residential Coordinator, we encourage Residential Aides to teach back skills/talents they are passionate about to the Residents (Ex: facilitating a painting class). Residential Aides will help to ensure that house rules and operational procedures are followed. All staff is expected to model behavior consistent with good citizenship, self-respect, and respect for others.
- Learns/practices tools to implement Trauma-Informed Care at all levels of the home
- Models outstanding good citizenship behavior for residents
- Report to work on time and on a regular basis.
- Train and monitor residents in the implementation and integration of independent skills such as bed making, laundry, etc.
- Train and encourage residents, as needed, in daily self-care practices.
- Develop and/or follow recommended teaching techniques, behavior management programs, etc., to assist individuals with increasing their productivity and independent living functions.
- Converse with residents to reinforce positive behaviors and to promote social interaction.
- Supervise and assist residents in punctual attendance of scheduled daily programs, i.e., school, work, medical appointments, therapy, support groups, etc.
- Prepare and serve meals, as needed, and eat with residents to model behavior.
- Accompany residents on shopping trips and counsel residents in purchase of items.
- Work with residents on achieving formal and informal goals such as use of public transportation, communications, money management, social interaction, etc.
- Aid staff in administering therapeutic and leisure activities, such as physical exercises, occupational arts and crafts, and recreational games, to residents (both on and off site).
- Observe, document, and review residents’ daily progress, needs, medical issues, and behaviors.
- Maintain the cleanliness and neatness of indoor and outdoor areas, i.e., residential home, dining room, vans, and outdoor areas.
- Perform antiseptic cleaning duties, laundry, and other housekeeping duties.
- Restrain disruptive residents to prevent injury to themselves and others, using prescribed methods.
- Attend to routine health care needs of residents under supervision of medical personnel.
- Report any immediate safety hazards to appropriate supervisory personnel or maintenance personnel. Complete written work order requests for maintenance needs.
- Attend and participate in required training sessions and staff meetings.
- Transport or assist in transporting residents to and from appointments, activities, etc.
- May work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Adhere to safety, hygiene, health, and fire hazard guidelines; policies and procedures; and mission and values.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Resdiential Aide: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- NJ Driver's License (Required)