Executive Assistant to the CEO
President and CEO
Do you want to work for a company where your work has meaning? At Father Joe’s Villages, we’re looking for compassionate, mission-driven individuals to join our team and help us end homelessness one life at a time. Our work is driven by our C.R.E.E.D which is the foundation for our interactions with clients, volunteers, other staff members and the community at large:
- Compassion-Concern for others and the desire to assist.
- Respect-An act of giving particular or special regard.
- Empathy- Understanding and being aware of and sensitive to the feelings, thoughts, and the experience of others without judgment.
- Empowerment- Helping others to help themselves.
- Dignity- All people are considered worthy of our esteem.
This position supports the CEO and serves as the liaison for both Board of Director entities and provides secretarial, administrative and clerical support which may require exposure to highly sensitive confidential information and involvement with high level constituents.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedules, organizes and maintains CEO’s calendar and other complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities.
- Participates and/or coordinates meetings, events or conferences by arranging for facilities and catering, distributing meeting materials and meeting invitations.
- Establishes and maintains consistent and ongoing communication with Board members, and organizes all Board meetings and committee meetings, and records, drafts and distributes meeting minutes.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information, opens mail, and drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Act as a liaison with various departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEO'S, Presidents, Elected Officials, and other Senior Level Representatives.
- Establishes, develops, maintains filing system for the CEO and the department; readily accesses and retrieves information from files as requested.
- Associate's Degree in Business or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of executive administrative assistant experience.
- Intermediate user of MS Office.
- Work is normally performed in a typical inside environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders or stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- Light Carrying/Lifting: Physically transporting, raising items from a lower to a higher position, or moving objects horizontally weighing less than 15 pounds from one location to another.
- Mobility Requirement: Ability to get from one office location to another.
- Repetitive motion: Substantial movements of the wrists, hands, fingers, and/or upper body for sustained periods of time, including using extremities to drag, push, pull or grasp.
- Sitting: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Visual Requirement: Able to see and read computer screens, detect color coding, etc.
- Hearing Requirement: Able to detect specific noises, proper equipment operation.