Systems Products and Solutions, Inc. is seeking Field Support Technicians (JFST) in support of based out of Fort Belvoir, MD with the ability to travel and/or relocate OCONUS. Actual location to be determined. This position is dependent upon favorable contract award to SPS.
Description of Duties:
- Installation of new or existing Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) equipment and or systems on U.S. Army Forward Operating Base (FOB) and Contingency Operating Base (COB) as directed.
- Equipment Training – The FSTs may be required to attend specialized and/or unique New Equipment Training (NET) courses in order to support the ISR equipping actions. FSTs must remain proficient in maintaining all ISR issued systems.
- Assist with initial inspection and basic troubleshooting of ISR and/or like equipment. Able to assist with basic system operations (on/off, reset, adjust, etc.). Will perform basic repairs before defaulting equipment to Pack, Wrap and Ship (PWS) option through the AOR Army Field Support Brigade (AFSB). May be required to PWS equipment to OEM.
- Ensure Not Mission Capable (NMC) equipment under Vendor’s warranty is shipped to OEM for repairs or as directed by Forward in theater
- Repair and/or replace damaged systems as required in order to maintain a consistent Operational Readiness (OR) rate of 90% or higher for each sustained system or product. Repair of equipment will be in accordance with AR 750-1 (Army Material Maintenance Policy), Para 3-2 (The Army Maintenance Standard). Contractor may use Standard Army Management Information Systems to report OR rates or a Logistics Division approved automation system.
- Capture demand history of repair parts or on failed systems and recommend appropriate repair parts stockage levels. Maintain historical documentation in accordance with DA Pam 750-8 DA PAM 738-751, Standard Army Management Information System (STAMIS) end user manuals and other applicable publications or directives.
- Ensure all equipment returning to owning units meet maintenance standards as specified in applicable Technical Manuals and Manufacturer’s Operations and Repair Manuals. Perform Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS). Document Maintenance Checks on DA Form 2404.
- Assist or coordinate the procurement, shipment, and storage of repair parts and evacuation of damaged components/systems to the OEM for repair as required.
- Manage and maintain and Authorized Stockage List (ASL) to make recommendations for additions, deletions, and/or quantity modifications of ASL items as required based on demand in order to maintain 90% OR for each system or product.
- Account for, store and safeguard all special tools and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) as prescribed by AR 735-5.
- Assist in the transition of projects form the REF to the appropriate Government Agency or Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC).
Education and Experience Requirements.: Candidate will possess an Associate’s Degree from and accredited College or University and a minim of five (5) years of relevant experience installing, maintaining, repairing, and training of ISR or like-equipment.
Seven (7) years of relevant experience installing, maintaining, repairing and training of ISR or like equipment can be used in lieu of an Associate’s Degree.
Relevant experience shall be recent, within the last 24 months), operating, maintaining, and repairing intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) and/or like systems.
Examples of ISR systems include surveillance and reconnaissance systems ranging from satellites, to manned aircraft to unmanned aircraft systems and Persisted Surveillance Systems – Tethered (PSS-T) or Persistent Threat Detection Systems (PTDS) Aerostats, to other ground-, air-, sea-, or space-based hand held equipment used to provide intelligence, surveillance, or reconnaissance-based information or data
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining complex military communications, electrical, and electronic systems.
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to changing requirements, handle multiple tasks while meeting key deadlines, able to operate as a member of a strong team as well as independently to complete daily tasks and report status as required, possess strong communication skills, and serve as a driven and highly motivated team member.
- Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) training and qualifications strongly desired.
CLEARANCE: Candidate will possess and be able to maintain an Active DoD issued Security Clearance at the level required.
TRAVEL: This position will require frequent travel within CONUS training center locations and CENTCOM AOR.
Job Type: Full-time
- ISR Field Support: 4 years (Required)
- active DoD Security Clearance (Required)