About the opportunity
Working for the Chief People Officer, the Senior Manager of New Teacher Development will be responsible for leading and developing our pilot Teacher Residency program in NYC. Through this work and in collaboration with the Chief People Officer, the Senior Manager of New Teacher Development will work to codify and disseminate best practices in onboarding new teachers to all of our Democracy Prep schools.
Who you are
- A strong teacher and coach, with specific experience working with newer teachers.
- A clear communicator who appreciates that how something is said is as important as what is said.
- Someone who regularly seeks out feedback and is able to implement at a quick pace.
- A detail-oriented planner.
- A problem solver who always works to find the win-win solution.
- Someone who can manage their time well, prioritize tasks, and manages up to leaders for support when unsure of how to do the above.
What You'll Do
- Regularly coach and mentor a cohort of teacher residents, both individually and as a cohort.
- Lead and develop professional development sessions for mentor teachers to help equip them in their coaching of teacher residents.
- Regularly check in with school leaders and mentor teachers to ensure that teacher residents are honored, pushed and equipped to become strong educators.
- Serve as a bridge between Relay Graduate School of Education and Democracy Prep Public Schools to our teacher residents' development is as cohesive as possible.
- With the Chief People Officer, work closely with recruitment to source and hire teacher residents.
- Along with the Talent Development team, support as needed in Talent Development key initiatives such as DP YOU, Leadership Immersion, New Teacher Onboarding and Leader U trainings.
Work and Experience
- Experience coaching individuals, specifically newer teachers
- Ideally, 3+ years teaching experience
- Ideally, experience developing and executing on initiatives at the school and/or systems level
Salary range is $85,000-$90,000 and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.