We are Farmers!
You may know us from our We believe in Smart advertisements, “We know a thing or two, because we’ve seen a thing or two”
Did you know we are a certified Great Place to Work?
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Visit our website and follow our social accounts to learn about more our opportunities and company culture!
As a Customer Service Representative with a direct line to our customers, you will be empowered to proactively share knowledge and provide a positive customer experience. You’ll help Farmers accomplish our company mission every day.
You’ll thrive in this position if you have:
- Excellent customer focus with an understanding of how to adapt to each customer while focusing on the outcome to solve their problems efficiently with low customer effort. This role is not scripted, and is has a consultative approach to help the customer.
- The ability to multi-task, working proficiently while conversing on the phone, searching information, reading, typing, and quickly picking up new technology.
- A preference to working in an ever-changing, fast-paced, contact center environment where you can effectively manage time and exhibit reliability and dependability in attendance.
- Emotional resiliency to manage feelings and find positive aspects in most situations.
Here’s what you will accomplish as a member of our team:
- Build effective communication skills to deliver insurance and eligibility information, solutions and initiatives that provide a positive customer experience to internal and external customers.
- Hold expert knowledge of company products, services and strategies across multiple lines of insurance.
- Use technology and learning resources to deliver efficient problem resolution.
- Proactively share knowledge to reduce customer effort.
Customer Service Representative Qualifications:
Education - High School diploma or equivalent. Four year college degree preferred. Completion of required additional training.
Experience - Minimum 1-3 years providing consultative service support in a complex environment.
Intermediate computer skills including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), and the ability to learn and navigate multiple technology platforms while interacting with customers.
We will help you through our virtual paid training! This position will require a Personal Lines or Property and Casualty license. You must pass a licensing exam within a designated number of attempts and have the ability to become licensed in all applicable states. Farmers Insurance will provide the study and training environment to assist you with the licensing exam.
Check out more about what a day is like here!
When we go back into the office our address is: 15700 Long Vista Drive Austin, TX 78728
Our first priority is to our customers so we work non-traditional work weeks to match those needs. Training schedules are typically Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 7am-11pm and 8am-8pm Saturday and Sunday . Need to be flexible with hours.
Medical & Prescription Insurance
Regular work-from-home options maybe become available in the future
Paid Time Off
Causal work environment
Paid parental leave
Access to networking and support through our Employee Resource Groups
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.59 - $18.83 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Communication method(s) used:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19