- We are hiring immediately for a full-time CLERK, MAILROOM position.
Location: Washington, DC 20002 Note: online applications accepted only.
Schedule: F/T: Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Requirement: American Sign Language (ASL) proficiency & customer service skills. Prior mailroom experience preferred!
- Starting Pay: per hour
- Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1166836.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
EverSource is an innovative facilities management company that ensures dedication to its clients and a positive company culture. From mailing processes to copy center management, EverSource associates perform essential tasks efficiently, thoroughly, and in a personalized manner. As a company, we are committed to providing our clients with top-notch services and our associates with frequent growth opportunities. At EverSource you will be a valued team member whose innovative thinking will be not only accepted but encouraged and implemented.
Join EverSource’s Talent team today!
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the “job search” in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on “referral tracking.” For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com.
Accurately and promptly processes all Mail and Distribution Services items with highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives, sorts, delivers, picks up and processes courier items, interoffice mail, magazines and all classes of United States Postal Services (USPS) mail.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Tracks courier and accountable items (FedEx, UPS, Certified Mail, etc.).
- Properly package, mark, label & Process of all Non-Hazardous and Hazardous materials by using courier specific software (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.).
Researches and routes unidentified and generic mail.
- Coordinates, stages, and transports bulk mail items.
- Receives, logs, delivers and tracks messenger items.
- Follows all processes established in the client standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Monitors packages for hazardous and suspicious materials.
- Follows established customer inquiry processes and responds to customer needs and requests.
- Maintains accurate records of customer inquiries and fulfillment of requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Relevant prior customer service experience.
Preferred current Dangerous Goods shipping certificate (49 CFR & IATA).
Preferred working knowledge of Domestic and International shipping of Dangerous & Non-Dangerous Goods including country specific guidelines.
Preferred experience using shipping software required by common shipping carriers (UPS, DHL, FedEx. Etc.)
Apply to EverSource today!
EverSource is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Eversource maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Ever Source are offered many fantastic benefits.
Life Insurance/ AD
Paid Time Off
Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
Associate Shopping Program
Health and Wellness Programs
Identity Theft Protection
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)