Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, PATIENT SUPPORT / ADHERENCE
The Associate Director, Patient Support / Adherence will work closely with several departments including but not limited to US Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, and external customers. He/She will be the in house individual responsible for developing patient support strategies, and implementing and managing programs to support IMBRUVICA patients in the US. This individual also will be responsible for sourcing and managing vendor contracts, and overseeing project budgets. These efforts will include a need to coordinate cross functionally with the Market Access and Marketing teams, both in house and field based.
The candidate must be able to operate in a fast paced organization, with high expectations and accountability on quality and timing of the deliverables. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing team committed to making a difference for the betterment of patients.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented
- Lead and manage IMBRUVICA's hub, copay, and nurse support programs
- Based on market insights, enhance and develop "best-in" class patient support initiatives and programs to attain strategic objectives
- Determine annual patient support plan and budget and align with cross-functional partners
- Manage internal and external business partners, including vendor contracts, reporting requirements, and budgets
- Support the creation and implementation of field pieces to educate on patient support resources
- Define and proactively measure patient support program performance and metrics
Attend external meetings and conferences to gather insights and best-practices, and keep current with trends that may impact patient support programs
- Ensure company values are met on a consistent basis
- Work closely with other departments and compliance legal departments to ensure all training responsibilities, policies, and procedures are met
- Position will be individual contributor with ability to influence, direct, and manage cross-functional partners
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent required; Scientific degree, MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- 5+ years relevant experience with increasing job responsibilities, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Prior US in-line Marketing experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical market, including purchasers, payers, and associations is required
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects within specified timelines, budgetary and quality standards
- Experience implementing programs that require process, operations, data, and ongoing quality improvement
- Experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams
- Experience with access support and reimbursement for specialty pharmaceutical products.
- Experience managing customer facing vendors
- Excellent verbal and writing skills as well as excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Shown ability to think strategically as well as execute tactically in previous roles
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point is required
- May require up to 30% travel based on business need
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled