Mount Olivet Homes, a 5 star long term care provider in South Minneapolis, is looking for an entry-level accounting clerk to join our business office team. A successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-starter with a passion for customer service and will be responsible for making sure our residents, families and vendors have the highest level of care and personalized follow up. This is a great entry-level position responsible for a broad variety of accounting and administrative services. The right candidate should function as both a team member and a leader with a can-do attitude and the proven ability to succeed.
This is a part time position with some degree of flexibility.
- Support residents and families with financial transactions at the business office window.
- Oversee the A/P functions including G/L coding and daily / weekly check runs. Establish and maintain professional relationships with vendors.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and post journal entries to accurately record financial transactions.
- Support monthly accounting period close process.
- Generate monthly financial statements.
- Perform account reconciliations and provide variance explanations for balance sheet accounts and specific income statement accounts.
- Manage all current and new fixed assets.
- Manage donations and investments.
- Prepare and file 1099 forms as necessary.
- Assist the Controller with budgets, financial audits and special projects.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that is deadline driven and fast paced.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks with the ability to move between them quickly.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Previous success maintaining confidential data and information.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- 1 – 3 years of accounting experience
- Two year accounting degree
Job Type: Part-time