As Accounting Controller, you will be responsible for accurately managing and organizing the Company's financial processes, procedures, and records in real-time. This critical role performs General Ledger, Reconciliation, Deposits, Month and Year-End Closings, Sales and Use Tax Filings, Work-in-process Reconciliation, Cash Flow Reporting, Job Costing, and other accounting activities through their expert knowledge of QuickBooks and spreadsheets. This role's responsibility is to accurately account for the income and expense of the business and evaluate for increased profit margins and expense reductions. This position is a member of the management team.
The ideal candidate is financially minded and possesses superior organization and accuracy skills with attention to detail.
This position will work in Monarch's Hilton Head Island office located in Ridgeland, SC.
Hours: Monday – Friday: 7:00am – 4:30pm; evenings and weekends flexible for communication around customer satisfaction and team building
Compensation: $45,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have 4-6 years of accounting experience, Construction Industry preferred
- Strong cost accounting and job costing experience with an eye towards expense efficiency
- Expert working knowledge of QuickBooks, Premier Contractor Edition & ADP preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proven working experience as Accounting Controller with knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
- Proven financial and business analysis skills, adept at providing management useful data that reflects operating performance, sales, trends, costs, revenue, and expenses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to establish rapport and trust with vendors, customers, and employees
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, time management, prioritization, and follow-up skills
- Must be able to work independently, under pressure, and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Must maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
- Possess advanced computer proficiency (MS Office – Word and Excel)
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted in company CRM and Accounting software
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Reviews & processes employees payroll & incentive payments, ensuring all commission are accounted for and properly posted in company CRM and Accounting software
- Managing the budget process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Monarch Roofing is the leading provider of roofing solutions to all Commercial and Residential Owners in the low country and beyond. We take pride in installing the best industry leading GAF roofing systems. In addition, we offer the best roofing protections available specific to warm and humid coastal area climates. Our roofing systems are proven to not only lower long-term costs, but also to increase curb appeal and home value. We specialize in all roofing types including metal, tile, architectural shingles, and low slope roofs.
Monarch Roofing is Certified with all roofing products used including (but not limited to), GAF Master Elite (President Club 3-Star Contractor), GAF Master Commercial, Duro-Last Installer, and GACO.
We are rapidly growing and looking for high-caliber candidates to join our winning team and bring with them their unique skills and experiences.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
First and second interviews are being conducted via Zoom.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ridgeland, SC 29936: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location