Quality Technician / QE:
- High School Diploma / GED / Trade School with Machines Trades Training
- 5 year minimum experience in the use of precision measuring tools while employed in the aerospace, defense or commercial business.
- Proficient in CMM operation and programming, PC DMIS helpful, but not required
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 / AS9100 Quality System and documentation control experience
- Working knowledge of AS9102 first article inspections
- Working knowledge of computers, Word, Excel, CAD / Solid Works software and models
- Working knowledge of Gage Calibration requirements of International standards and internal calibration requirements and procedures
- Ability to train other inspectors and shop floor personnel.
- Working knowledge of GD&T ( Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing )
- Working knowledge of inspecting parts with tools such as comparators, height gages, dial bore gages, profilometers, and ability to set gage devices for the manufacturing floor.
- Speak, read and write fluent English
Key responsibilities: (Behaviors, Skills, Responsibilities)
- *_Ability to perform all activities listed for Senior Inspector**
- Gage Calibration Administrator, oversee gage calibration process, ensure all required calibration is completed on time.**
- Support and Assist in Quality System Document Control, be backup with the Quality System management, documentation creations, updates, implementation, and control.**
- Conduct contract review and inspection checklist in flowchart**
- Create and / or assist with manufacturing aids and missing dimensions by supporting manufacturing in supplying print missing dimensions and updating manufacturing aid prints.**
- Create and update Balloon prints, and maintain document control**
- Create and update Inspection Check Sheets, and maintain document control_*
- Continuously looking to make process improvements
- Create and update RDS first article inspection and AS9102 sheets, and maintain document control*_
- Trouble shoot and continuous improvement of inspection processes by reviewing and improving inspection processes, looking for ways to reduce inspection without sacrificing quality, and work with manufacturing on inprocess inspection improvements**
- Tasks as assigned on projects that will support customer satisfaction.Performance Criteria: (Specific accomplishments desired)_*
- To meet Company Objectives as outlined in Quality Objectives QP 7.
- Perform all job duties and functions in accordance with all company safety and environmental standards.
- Support and participate in all QMS activities
- Active participation in Company 5S and Lean programs
Please note: This position brief in not intended to be a complete detailed summary of all the tasks, assignments and/or actions required of this job function. However, it is an explanation of the general duties and expectations that are to be performed in the execution of the particular position. The task described herein are subject to change and/or modification as may be deemed necessary by RDS Management.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Engineering, CMM: 5 years
- High school or equivalent