We are in search of a BIM/CAD Analyst to support our West Coast region locations. This individual may be located in any region but must be willing to provide support during normal work hours for PST zone. This individual will be responsible for supporting the implementation of BIM/CAD related technologies and engaging in the development, review, and adoption of standards at the project level. The objective of the position is to ensure increased staff productivity when working with BIM/CAD enabled projects.
- Provide day to day BIM/CAD software(s) support and guidance to project teams
- Support standardization and productivity improvement efforts through intelligent application of BIM/CAD concepts and company standards
- Assist in the deployment and upgrade of standardized design software
- Contribute to the development of BIM/CAD content library and graphic standards, with an emphasis on documentation, user application, and project adoption
- Assist project teams in the utilization of BIM software(s) in support of interference checking, ad hoc view creation, and quantity takeoff generation
- Assist with the development and maintenance of standards documentation and automation
- Provide technical support and expertise in analyzing, identifying, and repairing problems related to delivery of BIM/Revit/CAD Production including AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Revit, Navisworks, Sketchup, 3DSMax Design, Infraworks 360, Lumion3D, BIM360 Applications, etc.
- Work in conjunction with BIM leadership in the development and continued improvement of the BIM standards and design templates to maintain quality and consistency of design environment and deliverables
- Facilitate learning sessions in group or individual format to ensure standards are followed
- Coordinate and create content as needed for company and specific studio libraries
- Proficient in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Revit, and Sketchup
- Knowledge of Navisworks, 3DSMax Design, Infraworks 360, BIM360 Design/Teams/Field/Glue, Lumion3D, Unity3D, and other BIM/CAD related design, visualization, and analysis software
- Experience using web-based collaborative software, project extranets, BIM/CAD Utilities, plotting techniques and coordination of BIM/CAD data input and output
- Additional desirable skills include AutoCAD/Revit customization and programming using scripts, visual lisp, .NET, Dynamo, etc.
- Previous Architecture and or Interior Design experience is a definite plus
- Must be capable of adjusting to rapid changes in work conditions, rearranging priorities on short notice, and making on-the-spot decisions
NELSON is part of a global architecture, design, engineering, and consulting services organization with over 1000 Teammates in over 20 locations around the world and strong experience in a broad range of industries. NELSON is ranked in the top 10 of Interior Design Magazine’s “100 Design Giants” list. NELSON is also ranked in the top 3 firms specializing in workplace interior design, and in the top 20 for office architecture and design. For more information, visit www.NELSONonline.com.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, as well as an excellent benefits package, including: Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the link. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time