Great new Career Opportunity in Long-Term Care Pharmacy!
Now Hiring - IV Pharmacy Technician - [East Windsor, CT]
Hours:10am-6:30pm and occasional 3:30pm-12am, also every third weekend 12:30pm-9pm
- Our mission is to define excellence within the health care community. We are dedicated to inspiring people to live better lives through innovative health and wellness programs, products and services. We treat residents, their families and each other with respect, dignity and compassion. Through a collaborative and consultative approach, we strive to provide a framework of strength and stability for our patients, families and associates. We work to maintain the highest standards of care and service for our patients, families and valued employees.
We are proud to Offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunities to advance and grow your career
- And More!
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about their patients is essential to you, then you'll appreciate being a part of our team. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding level of care that we provide.
Partners Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The IV Pharmacy Technician
will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Assist with delivery coordination
Accurately maintains patient profile charts
Maintain a clean organized work area
Answers the phone properly and assists customers with the proper guidance
Maintains accurate and complete documentation for the dispensing of intravenous products, ancillary supplies and infusion devices
Is familiar with, understands, and participates appropriately with the workflow process from start to finish: intake, labeling, packaging and delivery.
Monitors and maintains predetermined inventory stock and disposes of unused and expired intravenous medications and supplies.
Performs the daily, weekly, and monthly quality control systems developed for the Sterile Products Complex.
Logs appropriate temperatures daily and alerts management of any temperatures out of specification.
Performs restocking of the various IV Supply Kits, back up kits, and code trays.
Is familiar with the various pieces of Biomedical equipment (i.e. infusion pumps) and their dispensing, tracking and recalling and can assist with cleaning and calibration
Prepares parenteral products under the direction of the Registered Pharmacist, utilizing aseptic technique adhering to USP 797 guidelines in accordance with policy
Conducts quality assurance tests on parenteral products prepared in the Sterile Products Complex when requested
Understands the meaning of hazard codes, can interpret MSDS, and utilizes Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) accordingly
Understands the proper handling and disposal of hazardous drugs
Demonstrates proper ability to interpret and follow formulas for compounding properly
Demonstrates proper use, maintenance, and calibration of all equipment, when required
High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be a State Registered Pharmacy Technician, PTCB preferred
- 1+ years of IV Pharmacy experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills