Children’s Specialized Hospital is the nation’s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges — from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health.
At 13 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so children can achieve more of their goals.
Cleans all patient and non-patient areas of the hospital, and other areas as directed.
Essential Job Functions
- Dust, damp mop, spot clean and disinfect fixtures, furnishings in both patient and non-patient areas.
- Vacuum and spot clean mats and carpets, as assigned.
- Empty, clean and re-line waste baskets. Transport regular and contaminated waste to the utility room.
- Wash and disinfect bed/crib at discharge and prepare bed for new occupant. Follow isolation cleaning procedures when cleaning isolation rooms to prevent the spread of pathogens.
- Clean and disinfect daily bathroom fixtures, mirrors, windows, doors, walls (as far as can be reached) and replenish bathroom supplies if necessary.
- Notifies supervisor when supplies in the Environmental Services storage room are low. Writes work orders when repairs are needed in assigned areas.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good condition, is responsible for economical use of supplies.
- Enhances professional growth and development by attending inservices, required meetings and other educational programs.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
Education and Experience - Additional Comments
- Up to one month to learn job duties.