Who we are
What do Airbnb, Kind and Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better and grow highly engaged employees. They also make up a community of nearly 2,000 organizations from around the globe who stand together to change the world of work.
With offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, and London, Culture Amp isn't just for fast-growing startups - we're for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, and act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
It's what makes us the world's leading employee feedback platform.
The People Science Analyst (PSA) role entails being a thought leader in the HR analytics space, providing our clients advanced insights on the relationships between employee experience and organizational outcomes. The PSA will compile data across our varied clients and conduct a wide array of statistical analyses to answer unique questions for our clients and to identify employee feedback trends of interest to ourPeople Geek Community ( http://www.peoplegeeks.com/ ). The PSA will partner with our customer-facing People Scientists and Marketing departments to develop research questions, design studies, and draft insight reports for clients and the general public. The PSA will have the opportunity to bridge research methods in psychology, economics, and business to provide meaningful understanding of how concepts like employee engagement and wellbeing influence organizational outcomes such as turnover, sales performance, and customer satisfaction. Our ideal candidates will be able to present statistical methodology and results in personable and engaging ways that align with both the academic and applied study of today's workforce.
Your greatest skill is being able to listen and understand our customers' needs and provide clarity around statistical methodology and reporting. You love people and your passion lies in diving into data to uncover stories and provide insights, as well as imparting knowledge to upskill customers and coworkers. We are looking for a hungry, energetic, dedicated professional to work with a close-knit customer team focused on empowering clients ranging in size from tens to tens of thousands of employees. We want someone who shares our passion for making advanced HR analytics accessible to clients, teaching them to formulate practical strategies based on data, and building our community of amazing people geeks.
This position is for a mid- to senior-level role with no direct reports.
- Develop methodologies for systematically combining and exploring the data from our growing pool of clients while maintaining participant privacy
- Generate actionable and predictive insights from HR data sets, including engagement surveys, lifecycle surveys (onboarding to exit), and individual/team effectiveness feedback
- Collaborate with customer-facing People Scientists and Marketing professionals as well as product-based Data Scientists to design and implement advanced HR analytics projects for clients and to expand Culture Amp's brand as an HR analytics thought leader
- Work with client data and survey outcomes to identify the most valuable themes and stories to help our clients improve their culture and business outcomes
- Support and build domain expertise for our customer facing teams through coaching and training
- Contribute to improving internal processes and culture within Culture Amp
- Contribute to internal and external thought leadership on HR issues in a variety of industries
- Present results of ongoing research stream to HR leaders, executive teams, and prospective Culture Amp clients
- Experience working in a high growth, global SaaS company and in HR Tech preferred
What do you (ideally) bring to the team?
After 3 months you'll:
- 5-7 years of applied experience connecting employee survey (candidate, onboarding, engagement, inclusion, exit) results and/or 360-type feedback processes with business outcomes (e.g. turnover, customer satisfaction, performance, revenue)
- Master's or higher degree in a quantitative people analytics related field such as HR/Business Analytics, Economics or Industrial-Organizational Psychology, preferred
- Extensive experience cleaning and combining varied datasets for statistical analysis
- Expert knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages such as R; experience with predictive analytics techniques preferred
- Experience writing results reports and articles for executives and HR leaders or media outlets
- Strong presentation skills especially when explaining data and connecting it to potential actions
- Proficiency in the usual software tools (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote, Google docs) as well as a willingness to learn and work with new technology systems.
- Develop a data compilation and analysis strategy
- Work cross-functionally to create a thought-leadership research strategy
- Assist our customer-facing People Scientists in developing and implementing customer specific studies
- Attend and present at a variety of events where we interact with our community – including People Geekup webinars, masterclasses, conferences, etc.
- Develop thought leadership content for our blog, newsletters, and social media
A few highlights from Culture Amp
- What is a People Geek? ( http://www.peoplegeeks.com/ )
- Our unique DIY approach to Learning & Development ( https://blog.cultureamp.com/diy-approach-to-ld-at-culture-amp )
- What is Culture First? ( https://blog.cultureamp.com/blog/the-culture-first-podcast-02-culture-first )
If you are truly excited about this role and meet the requirements mentioned above, please submit: 1) your resume, and 2) a cover letter which identifies five specific reasons why you feel you'd be a great addition to our team. Thank you very much for your time and interest!