Lobsterboys Seek Warehouse Team Members
Lobsterboys are currently looking for qualified Warehouse Team Members for their Chicago location. The is a year-round position; full time service. Lobsterboys is a vision-driven organization. The Lobsterboys promote a fun, supportive atmosphere that empower every member of the Team to perform their duties with a commitment to excellence.
- Move incoming or outgoing product throughout the distribution center by hand, hand truck, or forklift equipment.
- Perform general physical activities in a warehouse, including loading, unloading, sorting, picking, and packaging.
- Checks and verifies and audits all product to ensure that the Inbound is not damaged or defective.
- Reads customer order, shipping Pick List, Material Transfer order, or Bill of Lading to determine items to be moved, gathered, or shipped.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or conveys orders to packing station.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse, plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Prepares parcels for Export or Air Shipment
- Maintains inventory records. Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently. Working Relationships Internal
- Excel in a team environment
- Meets safety, productivity and quality standards
- Ability to communicate with trucking companies, vendors, etc. Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos via written and email/Outlook
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Act with Integrity
- Handles day-to-day work challenges. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Sanitation tasks as asked.
- Focus on Customer Needs Anticipates and identifies customer needs; takes action to meet customer needs; develops effective working relationships with internal and external customers; continually searches for ways to increase customer satisfaction
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Able to use material handling equipment
- At least 2 years of Warehouse experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Regularly lift and or move objects 10-50lbs lift or move product that weighs more than 100lbs
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stop, kneel, and crouch
- Open to a flexible schedule
You will love this job if you…
- Get excited about being an integral part of a mission to deliver the first ever brand of the highest quality, traceable sustainable live lobsters to the United States
- Share our passion and envision yourself helping Lobsterboys grow to be a world-wide brand, and share that passion daily
- Feel motivated by increasing sales and challenges to get orders ready for freight, consumers and wholesalers with a highly time sensitive product
- Enjoy working in a supportive and collaborative environment that values and solicits open and honest top to bottom communication
Compensation & Benefits
- Completive hourly rate
- Annual Bonus Program
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- LB attire provided
- Opportunities for growth in a growing company
Send us an email! Applications that include the following will be given priority vs. resume alone. Write a brief introduction and why you’re the right fit to join our growing Team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.50 /hour
- Pallet Jack: 1 year (Preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift Certified (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly