Producer / Writer / Editor
Rothe Development, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Producer, Writer Editor/ Preditor For English and Spanish Content under the Enterprise Multimedia and Integrated Technical Services Contract (eMITS) at NASA. This position individual must be fluent in both Spanish and English, with multiple complementary skills to work as part of a video production team in support of NASA Headquarters’ Office of Communications. located in Washington D.C. This is a hybrid position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write scripts and edit videos from current events
- Execute Spanish and English video edits using Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Utilize Adobe Photoshop and the Adobe Creative Suite for image manipulation, graphics integration, and video thumbnail and SRT creation.
- Oversee the post-production environment, ensuring optimal use of equipment and software.
- Collaborate with content specialists to refine edits based on feedback and objectives.
- Maintain, archive, and catalog video assets systematically, adhering to best practices.
- Uphold NASA brand standards in all video edits, ensuring consistency and quality.
- Troubleshoot equipment and software issues, ensuring minimal downtime and disruptions.
- Pitch story ideas for NASA Productions’ use on social media, and NASA Plus platforms
- Produce and film interviews in NASA’s Productions’ studio
- Operate and maintain the department’s video production and post-production equipment and software.
- Equipment includes cinema video camera, lenses, lighting, audio capture, media asset server, media asset management software, and video post-production software
- Shoot and script both short and long form spots
- Edit videos, ensuring smooth transitions, appropriate pacing, and seamless audio-video synchronization.
- Customize design or motion templates to maintain brand consistency such as Story Blocks.
- Organize video files, tracking docs, and other organizational tools to track and hand off video files and edits.
- Strong oral and written communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to perform work within specific timeframes and adhere to deadlines.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, communicating well with various customers and collaborating with a fun team of production and post-production professionals.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge, understanding and usage of Section 508 compliance.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in non-linear video and audio editing, including color grading and audio smoothing.
Experience / Education
- Requires BA / BS degree
- A combination of education, training, or certification that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities may be substituted for the degree.
- Preference will be given to those with a background as a videographer and an ability for studio lighting.
- Would prefer the following knowledge or understanding:
- Current video production equipment and techniques as well as production, broadcast, and digital media technical standards.
- Post-production process, including media management and encoding video to various formats
- High-definition (HD) cameras and videography, motion graphics and creative lighting techniques
- Broadcast, streaming, and social media workflows, ensuring compatibility and optimization across platforms.
- Lighting for video and audio production using ENG style cameras such Black Magic Ursra Broadcast, as well as DSLRs (preferably Canon systems) and audio recorders.
- DAM video management tools, such as AWS and Dalet.
- This position is contingent on successful completion of security badging requirements which include but are not limited to background checks, and drug screening.
- Flexible hours to accommodate varying workloads.
**PLEASE SUBMIT PROFESSIONAL PORTFOLIO WITH RESUME