ACS is seeking an experienced Dental Administrative Assistant with strong customer service, computer software, and telephone skills. The Dental Administrative Assistant will oversee all administrative duties in the dental office and be responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. You will play a key role in enhancing the operations of the dental setting and provide support through a variety of tasks to customers, employees, and senior level management. If you possess strong decision-making, critical thinking, and time management skills then we’d like to meet you!
- Prepares a wide variety of recurring and nonrecurring correspondence, reports, forms and other documents, to include staff summary sheets.
- Builds, reviews, tracks, and finalizes correspondence tracking of documents to include Officer Performance Reports (OPRs), Promotion Recommendation Form (PRF), Enlisted Performance Reports (EPRs), decorations, and feedbacks prepared by others in handwritten or electronic drafts through electronic management system (MYPERS).
- Reviews, processes, and tracks incoming and outgoing correspondence, materials, publications, regulations, and directives.
- Receives telephone calls, greets visitors, and ascertains the nature of the calls or visits. Maintains Dental Directorate’s calendar, reviews AFMRA shared calendar & update Comm Cell, coordinates meeting arrangements, print out agenda/PowerPoint prior to meetings, schedules meetings and/or conferences.
- Processes travel arrangements in DTS. Prepares travel packet to include: Travel orders, Itinerary, Airlines tickets (MyTrip & more) lodging, rental car information, receipt envelope and additional requested documents.
- Performs work-flow manager duties for Dental Directorate. Manages tracking of tasks and suspense’s in TMT; creates additional tasks and ensures timely replies and closure of tasks.
- Performs other administrative and clerical work in support of the office/organization that includes generating documents in Microsoft Office software such as Teams, Publisher, Word, Excel, Access, One Note, PowerPoint, and Project; consistent use of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation and capitalization.
- Reserves conference rooms for multiple areas; arranges for teleconference/Video Teleconference (VTC) numbers and assists with establishing connections utilizing various conferencing platforms.
- Receives, sorts, distributes, ships, and tracks all incoming/outgoing mail for duty section.
- Maintains shared drive files and electronic office file plans.
- Coordinates weekly staff and additional meetings upon request to takes notes and prepare minutes.
- Must have strong ability to interact with diverse clientele, senior level managers such as high level military and civilian medical, health care and technical personnel.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be a fully qualified typist.
- Must be able to correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to prepare and edit written correspondence and reports In accordance with (IAW) Tongue and Quill.
- Minimum of one year experience within the last three years, working with the DTS is preferred but not mandatory.
- Minimum of one year experience within the last three years, working with TMT is preferred but not mandatory.
- Minimum of one year experience in reviewing and editing military forms and documents such as Officer Performance Reports (OPR), Enlisted Performance Reports (EPR), Promotion Recommendation Form (PRF), Staff Summary Sheets (SSS), electronic Staff Summary Sheets (eSSS) Decorations, and Memorandums For Record.
- Minimum of one year experience with establishing and maintaining office file plans.
- Contract personnel shall be proficient in Microsoft Office software, able to use various programs, such as Teams, Publisher, Word, Excel, Access, One Note, PowerPoint, and Project to generate various products and schedule/organize various video conferencing platforms.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Falls Church, VA 22042: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Dental Administrative: 2 years (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Defense Travel System (DTS): 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location