We are looking for an outgoing, friendly, reliable person to work 5 mornings attending to our breakfast bar for our guests. Food service background is a plus. No cooking required. Just keep food stocked on the breakfast bar, tables cleared and cleaned and chat with our guests. We want someone who is very outgoing and will make our guests feel welcome.
Job Summary: Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the breakfast experience. Sets up and maintains the breakfast bar with items, keeping counters, food displays, tables and floors clean and presentable to guests.
- Maintains an inventory of breakfast bar items & places orders as needed.
- Maintains the breakfast bar with appropriate levels of food throughout the breakfast shift.
- Sets up and tears down breakfast bar, prepping for the next day.
- Maintains cleanliness of breakfast area, including tables and breakfast counters & displays.
- Interacts with our guests (needs to be a real people person).
- Keeps abreast of attractions, activities and events in the city that may interest guests, being able to respond to requests for such information from guests.
- Reports any unusual occurrences, guest issues and requests to the front desk or general manager. We want to head off any issues before they leave.
- Maintains a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- Promotes superior customer care by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Maintains public area in front of guest services desk & elevator (Days Inn), cleans tile, empties trash, also public restroom to be kept clean.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to effectively interact with guests, management staff, and other employees in a professional manner.
- Must be punctual and maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and associates.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily tasks and schedules.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour