Overview: Drives the implementation of the strategies that result in immediate revenue growth and mid to long-term strategic brand positioning. Creates, builds and implements selling ‘programs’ in support of significant revenue growth in the MFA Shop, Film, Bayou Bend, Rienzi, Glassell School of Art and Exhibitions. Supports associate head in developing and implementing initiatives/events/partnerships to promote strategically relevant exhibitions and programs.
- Design and develop new marketing initiatives and event concepts to
- Optimize exhibitions and programs across all channels to maximize exposure to retain and recruit audiences
- Sustain revenue growth in each individual channel (social, email, on-site, advertising)
- Increase local interest across the Texas region with a focus on driving traffic to the Museum and purchase intent across Shop, Film, Bayou Bend, Glassell, Rienzi and Exhibitions
- Creates advertising plans for all Museum activities and initiatives. Plans include potential community and media partnerships and paid advertising.
- Collaborates with Social Media Manager on incorporating e-blast communications, social media, promotional web content, and video content into comprehensive marketing plans.
- Evaluates tactics, assesses impact, and adjusts strategies to improve continuously upon the effectiveness of marketing, promotions and outreach efforts and provides best practices to the associate head.
- Identifies and manages marketing-generated admissions and promotional discounts
- Supports associate head on promotional events, including the popular MFAH Mixed Media series of late-night parties
- Manages promotional-partner relationships and fulfillment
- Oversees design needs such as advertising, website updates, social-media graphic campaigns, and promotional collateral for partnerships and programs
- Collaborates on video content strategy and production
- Oversees advertising spends and schedules
- Manages digital-advertising agency
- Manages Advertising & Promotion Coordinator
- Drafts advertising and promotional copy for print and broadcast
- Manages advertising spends, schedules and production
- Identifies promotional discounts, including third-party ticket sale opportunities
- Partners with associate head to create brand guidelines standards to be used across all channels
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- 7-9 years’ experience at an advertising agency or a similar position in a for- or nonprofit organization
- Media planning and buying experience (out-of-home, print, TV, radio, and online)
- Writing and editing experience
- Awareness of basic art and art-historical terms
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines, manage multiple projects at once, interact with a broad variety of internal departments and external entities, manage and traffic multiple priorities
- Strong aptitude and experience with various software design and application tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator and with various Microsoft Office products
- Develop plans in coordination with the Client leads and Associate HOM to develop the business according to the overall strategy of North America.
- Develop 360 marketing launch initiatives and event concepts tailored to the Sales Channels in support of the growth strategy
- Establishes strong partnerships to develop plans that drive sell-through.
- Oversees corporate marketing programs in the North American market including local media plans, collateral materials, CRM programs, trade marketing and POS materials.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Seven to nine years related work experience, including in the fields of marketing, advertising, or journalism
How to Apply
Submission should include:
- Cover letter
- Relevant samples of work you are particularly excited to share and believe sets you apart from all others who will apply for this position.
Send résumé to Human Resources, Job-20-054MAC, apply at http://mfah.org/about/careers
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 7 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
Company's Facebook page: