In 2007, two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs ( https://www.ezcater.com/company/team/ ) founded a technology company, ezCater. Today, ezCater is the only nationwide online marketplace for business catering in the United States a $22 billion market. Our 2.5M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings and events. We're backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management, we're on a path to $1B in 2019, and we'll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
We're looking for smart, friendly, and collaborative technologists to help us reach our technology goals. These include decomposing our existing platform into micro-services and building new products, like ezManage ( https://www.ezcater.com/company/grow-catering-business/ezmanage/ ), from the ground up.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Check out this CBS Boston article ( http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/05/22/corporate-culture-career-workplace-happiness/ ) for a glimpse into our culture.
What you'll do:
- Build industry leading web applications in Ruby on Rails, React, and GraphQL
- Lead and mentor a talented team of engineers to execute on projects, delight customers, and propel the business even higher into the stratosphere
- Collaborate with equally as talented peers, helping to scale our organization 2-3x, again and again
- Improve team/process performance at every chance you get (we believe speed itself is a feature)
- Evolve the user experience based on A / B test results and statistics. Read more at https://engineering.ezcater.com/deciding-when-to-call-an-ab-test-p-value-graphs
( https://engineering.ezcater.com/deciding-when-to-call-an-ab-test-p-value-graphs )
- Tackle exciting scaling challenges
What you'll get from us:
- Implemented (and thought a lot about) powerful teams, lean processes, and continuous releases.
- Extensive full-stack web development experience. We hope you acquired that in an e-commerce and/or marketplace setting.
- Strong working knowledge of modern server-side and client-side frameworks. Ruby, Rails, and React would be a huge plus.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Postgres? Even better.
- A good balance between 'Move fast and break things' and 'Be reliable'. We summarize that as 'Aim high. Be grounded'.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science – or the real-world equivalent.
Importantly, you'll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here's what else you'll get:
Market salary, stock options you'll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Boston's Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.