STEPS Early Intervention Lead Teacher/Developmental Therapist
Baby TALK's Mission is to positively impact child development and nurture healthy parent-child relationships during the critical early years. The child education staff is part of the team working in the area of Early Intervention. Goals for the child education staff unique to these programs include developmental assessments,
- Arrive one half hour before starting time
- Prepare classroom and gross-motor room for the days activities.
- Consult lesson plans to gather materials for planned activities.
- Administer HELP assessment on all children and write descriptive narrative for parents and semi-annual and annual reviews.
- Attend semi-annual and annual reviews
- Maintain current goal sheets
- Return billing sheets to the Administrative Assistant
- Record daily attendance
- Maintain and prepare files for yearly state audit
- Coordinate communication with PT, OT, and SLP concerning changes with goals.
- Coordinate communication with CFC#19 Service Coordinators about concerns of individual children and families.
- Coordinate communication with Baby TALK staff.
- Planning of curriculum in collaboration with other STEPS lead teachers.
- Read professional materials relevant to practice.
- Attend appropriate staff development opportunities
- Attend state and local professional development opportunities
- As a professional Baby TALK staff member, maintain confidentiality of all information concerning families.
- As a professional Baby TALK staff member, understand that there may need to be other duties as assigned by the Center Base Coordinator and/or the Baby TALK Executive Director as we are all committed to the mission of Baby TALK.
- Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood required
- Credential in Developmental Therapy/Early Intervention
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with collaborators, parents and children
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Willingness to travel to conferences or trainings related to this position
- Computer skills
Job Type: Part-time
- Credential in Developmental Therapy or Early Intervention (Required)