At LendingTree our #1 core principle is to build truly outstanding products. We help people at incredibly important and complex times in their lives and strive to find breakthrough ways to surprise and delight them with insight and clarity.
We are looking for a Director to focus on our flagship mortgage product. We innovated and opened a new category for comparison shopping of mortgages in 1998. This product has been used by millions of consumers. As the mortgage industry is evolving from paper based transaction to electronic transaction, there are tons of opportunities to innovate customer experience and help hundreds of lenders embrace the digital mortgage revolution. Our solution is built on three key pillars (1) Comparison shopping so customers can select the best loan from hundreds of options they have (2) Trust & transparency with ratings and reviews (3) Making it easy for borrowers to identify the right loan product and help them complete their transaction Your goal will be to provide a great customer experience from searching for loans to helping consumers complete the loan transaction.
- You have empathy for customer needs and you strive to improve customer experience of comparison shopping for mortgages.
- Work very closely with business leaders to optimize product to meet day to day business needs at the same time leading product innovation to address changing consumer preferences and lender needs.
- Lead system integration efforts to tightly connect LendingTree platform with Lender's technology stack.
- Identify, analyze and prioritize new features by working with the UX, Design and Technology teams to understand customer needs.
- Perform competitive analysis to understand how the product and feature set compares to our key competitors.
- Continuously A/B testing to drive KPIs and optimize the mortgage product
- Work very closely with marketing and technology departments to maintain alignment in priorities.
- Obsessively analyzing the data to develop insights to help drive the product roadmap
- In depth knowledge of mortgage industry both from a borrower and lender side is a must.
- Solid (5+ years) experience in leading large, scalable consumer-facing web and/or mobile platforms
- Experience managing web and mobile platforms where consumers cross over for usage is highly desirable
- MBA desirable, so you can help us with product marketing and product positioning
- Engineering degree so you can understand art of possible and talk about design approaches with a great engineering team
- Proven success leveraging a robust testing methodology to drive site optimization using internal and/or external testing tools (Adobe Target, Optimizely, etc.)
- Experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria as a product owner in an Agile/SCRUM software development environment (CSPO and/or CSM designations a plus)
- Experience with usability testing and user-centered design methodologies
- Strong interest in the personal finance space and passion to help consumers make smart financial decisions
- Solid aptitude for querying large data sets, building impactful reporting and using those insights to make data driven decisions
- Experience with A/B testing and test-driven optimization of KPIs
- Ability to collaborate across functional teams and influence stakeholders in a matrixed environment
- Solid business acumen so you understand unit economics and P&L impact
- Great communication skills
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we've facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
We're publicly traded (TREE), we're financially sound and we're in the top 10 of Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you're looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you've come to the right place!
Our clothes are casual and relaxed, and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our aggressive goals. We also have a lot of fun together! We're always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
More about LendingTree:
- We are a meritocracy, not bureaucracy
- Flat structure, very minimal oversight
- Dress code – we don't have one. (Flip flops, shorts, jeans… whatever.)
- We don't even keep track of how many paid vacation days you take! (of course your manager's approval is needed before you take off on your family vacation.)
- Great perks: $3 catered lunches Mon. - Thurs., free bagels every Fri., on site gym (employees are encouraged to workout during the day. "Is that true?" Yep.)
- Great benefits and good work life balance