We're creating disruptive innovations to bring our customers the best ride ever!
Great Team and Great Benefits!
This position will be responsible for managing a team of Key Strategic Account Managers and oversee their account development, i.e. Target achievement, sell through, reporting etc. The key focus is managing the team to strategically drive new business opportunities and ensuring effective retention and fulfillment of existing business. Must be able to project manage a team responsible for large national relationships within all categories (LFS, MX, MTB). Must be able to think creatively with a growth mindset when dealing with strategic account development for the company.
Essential Functions of role:
- Discuss and develop business strategies with key strategic accounts.
- Develop strategic sales plans with Key Account Managers to achieve top line sales growth.
- Oversee, maintain, develop and grow existing business with key strategic accounts through your Key Account Managers.
- Develop a front-line relationship at multiple levels at key strategic accounts. Be able to target key Senior decision makers.
- Develop a daily/weekly call list with your team and oversee information accuracy.
- Utilize strong selling, negotiation, and presentation skills to develop and drive new business within the strategic accounts.
- Diligently monitor new prospects/opportunities, budgets, sales in progress using forecasting/CRM system.
- Communicate trends/pricing issues and other unique issues as it relates to sales to the GM.
- Work closely with counterparts in regions to drive sales at a regional and local level.
- Will monitor and maintain larger accounts
- Excellent Communication
- Focus on the Customer - Forms active working relationships with customers by anticipating, analyzing, and responding quickly to opportunities, needs, and problems while aligning with prioritized areas of focus as it pertains to the region.
- Knows the Business - Speaks and acts with up-to-date knowledge of issues relevant to the organization, and business.
- Drives for Results - Sets standards of excellence and strives for improvement. Holds him/herself and others accountable.
- Walks the Talk - Builds trust, delivers on promises, communicates directly, respects other opinions, maintains confidentiality, and treats people fairly. Demonstrates consistency between words and actions.
- Sound Judgment and Decision Making - Makes effective decisions based on logical assumptions and adequate information; takes into consideration resources, constraints, and organizational values.
- Fosters Teamwork - Works with others both as a leader and a team member towards shared goals related to business objectives (within regional team, corporate internal departments, and executive leadership). Encourages the open expression of ideas.
- Financial acumen - this is necessary to understand the financial impact of decisions on the business as it pertains to sales growth and margin improvement.
- All Key Account Managers and Representatives.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Expected Hours of Work:
- May be required to work more than 8 hours during a workday
- Sitting long periods of time
- Significant manual dexterity for keying in data for long periods of time
- Must be available to work occasional off-hours and weekends
- Must be available during standard business hours
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Possible overnight travel and occasional local day travel
- Bachelor's degree (B.A or B.S.). Master's degree (M.A.) preferred.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have a strong market presence and will have built up a track record of successive promotion and recognition over a 7 to 10-year period of professional experience.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have experience working in the industry. Having strong relationships with the major partners is preferred.
- A minimum of 7-10 years' sales/management experience with proven record of sales success and history of accomplishments.
- Experience in the actions sports, wholesale apparel or retail industries preferred, but not required.
- Must have experience in contract management.
- Knowledge- MX, MTB and LFS
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fox is an equal opportunity employer.