ABOUT THE COMPANY
Totally Chocolate is a Design & Graphic Arts Packaging Company, providing customized marketing opportunities for organizations across multiple industries through using high-quality Belgium chocolate.
The company was founded in 1987 and has been historically focused on providing the best products and gift experience for their customers since their inception. Many call the organization one of the best kept secrets in the Corporate Gift Giving business.
As a leading manufacturer of precision engraved chocolate’s Totally Chocolate is much more than a chocolate company. We provide customer specific molds, packaging solutions, personal gifts, and promotional items for a one of a kind gift-giving experience. We do this with 100% Belgium Chocolate that is free of waxes and fillers to produce the purest and most decadent taste available.
Totally Chocolate is part of Ganache Brands, a company that is owned and operated by the Founders Group of Food Companies Inc.
Founders Food Group of Companies
Founders is a Vancouver-based family firm that invests its partners' own capital and applies operating know-how in medium-sized food, beverage and consumer packaged goods businesses in order to build thriving businesses over the long term. Founders’ partners combine deep operating knowledge with over 30 years’ experience making control investments in over 80 private companies. Founders has a track record of transacting with speed and price certainty as a group of highly experience partners investing their own capital.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble a best-in-class direct-selling team.
- Structure the direct-selling sales team for success (i.e., define roles in terms of ‘hunting’, ‘farming’ and ‘order management’ define and implement work routines / disciplines, set cadence and content of customer communications such as email marketing and automated calling, specify calendar of campaigns and promotions, make necessary changes to metrics and rewards, etc.)
- Create and gain board approval for an annual sales plan to achieve specific net sales and gross profit growth outcomes with past customers, new customers, distributors, current and new strategic accounts.
- Provide regular business reviews with strategic accounts to ensure business performance remains on track vs. plan and that issues are dealt with proactively, or when they surface, expeditiously.
- Utilize customer feedback and data to identify opportunities for growth leveraging current product listings as well as new product innovations to better retain and grow gross profit dollars from past customers, past distributors and strategic accounts, as well as attract new customers, distributors and strategic accounts.
- Improve Totally Chocolate’s name recognition by leading digital marketing efforts (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, aid search, blog posts and links, organic search / SEO), email marketing, PR campaigns and improving the web-presence.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Professional experience + qualifications
- 10-15 years of direct-selling experience based on telephone- and email-based selling. Including managing teams of at least 5 salespeople.
- Experience and demonstrated track record building high-performing sales teams including attracting, selecting, performance-managing and professionally developing frontline direct-selling talent. Track record of achieving consistent double digit YOY growth.
- A stable work history (average tenure 3+ years) with deliberate / well considered career changes initiated by the candidate.
- Passionate about the opportunity. Can easily relate to the challenges ahead and can draw from past experience to lead the team to success. Is willing to go the extra mile to achieve the Company’s goals and can lead by example by personally contributing to profitable top-line revenue growth.
- Solid business and financial acumen including business analytics skills. Strong understanding of the entire quote-to-cash cycle and the role of the sales department in driving financial success.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including above-average verbal reasoning at graduate level. To include professional standard of PowerPoint usage.
- Excellent numeracy and analytical ability, including above-average numerical reasoning at graduate level. To include professional standard of Excel usage.
- Optimistic; able to cope with setbacks and unexpected challenges with energy.
- High energy, works at a fast pace, driven by results, and very responsive to his or her supervisor.
- Entrepreneurial, pragmatic, demonstrates clear sense of urgency, and can be ‘scrappy’ when circumstances demand it.
- "Low ego" personality / team player. Able to create successful relationships with varying personalities and functions. Experience and understanding of smaller company growth opportunities and expectations.
Current Job Knowledge
Delivers accurate, thorough, and quality work. Knowledgeable in job function area. Meets job specific / departmental metrics and performance expectations.
Teamwork & Communication
Listens well. Speaks effectively. Writes clearly. Participates in, accepts, and supports group decisions. Acknowledges the ideas and contribution of others. Works well with varying personalities and cultures. Contributes to a positive work environment.
Planning & Organizing
Self-starter. Structured and productive in work habits. Manages time well and meets deadlines. Works with a sense of urgency. Sees things through to completion. Demonstrates flexibility in responding to unexpected demands.
Problem Solving & Decision-making
Able to break down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key issues. Makes good decisions independently. Balances short- and long-term considerations. Able to cope with setbacks and unexpected challenges with energy. Proposes ideas or actions that improve work effectiveness. Finds new solutions to issues.
Leadership & Initiative
Forms insights about the business. Sees the future. Seeks new possibilities. Drives change. Chooses and communicates a vision / direction. Inspires others. Demonstrates passion for winning. Sets high standards. Focuses on key decisions and activities. Makes measured decisions. Organizes self’s achievement of objectives with a clear plan. Able to work effectively using objectives, metrics, routines and coaching / training to deliver results through others.
Builds Organization Capability
Develops people and organizations (leadership & environment, people & skills, knowledge & systems, processes & tools, metrics). Builds aligned teams. Creates frameworks for decision-making, empowering the organization. Focuses on efficiency and effectiveness. Manages talent actively. Plans for needed talent. Develops self. Creates a development environment for others. Emphasizes reward and retention.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance