Full Job Description
Dress for Success Austin is seeking bright, dynamic, motivated interns to join our growing team of community helpers and local do-gooders in the Spring of 2020.
Interning with Dress for Success Austin gives students an opportunity to network with contacts from over 100+ different nonprofit and government organizations in the Austin area. Through project management, event planning, client relations, data analysis and much more, our interns gain the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the ins-and-outs of the nonprofit world.
Spring internships will take place January 13 - May 7. All internship opportunities are unpaid. Credit is not required but we can provide documentation if needed.
Reporting to the Volunteer Coordinator, the Volunteer Coordinator Assistant will assist in
daily volunteer management and operations.
- Create unique + engaging social media content
- Work with the supervisor to implement long-term + short-term media campaigns
- Monitor analytics from running social posts to identify viable ideas
- Create and design shareable content for upcoming events
- Find new, scalable ways to grow social media following and increase engagement
- Attend occasional community events to represent Dress for Success Austin
- Must be a current student seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Ability to work a minimum of 12 hours per week on site
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Applications including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro
- Photography experience required
- Passion for social media and branded content creation
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Experience creating ads through VideoShop, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Positive, proactive and able to always exercise great judgment and common sense
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused