The QA Analyst will gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects and system requirements. The QA Analyst is responsible for working and engaging with PMs, Dev Team, OPS team and other key stakeholders in the use and delivery of data and applications. This includes writing test plans, tracking defects and fixes for product development, software application development, information systems and operations systems in Azure DevOps. They are responsible for testing EDW, EDWMart related extraction, transformation and load functions. They will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives and assure integrity of systems operations and data delivery.
2. Strong hands-on experience in SQL
3. Execute the technical testing strategy and tactical plan for perfoming Quality Assurance functions for the Enterprise Data Warehouse Platform.
4. Collaborate in the conceptualization, analysis, development, and deployment strategies for data storage, ETL, and reporting at the enterprise level with minimal supervision. Responsible for the accurate documentation of business terms, reporting needs, calculations, and any appropriate metadata; using available tools
5. Ensure that established standards, quality requirements & best practices are followed in all development efforts.
6. Identify, develop and document detailed business requirements and detailed specifications through the Data Warehouse life cycle integrating with existing data warehouse environment.
7. Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
8. Experience working with complex, large-scale relational databases, statistical programs and other tools to compile and interpret quantitative data
9. Knowledge of data integration and database data modeling tools, computer networks and operating systems including DataStage, ERwin,.MS Windows
10. Extensive experience with core software applications and DBMS, including MS SQL server, JAVA, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Access, .NET, Azure DevOps
11. Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Quality Assurance metrics, such as defect profiles and performance criteria.
12. Excellent problem solving and organization skills.
13. Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
14. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
15. Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal communication, listening, presentation and project management skills.
16. Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
17. Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability
Working knowledge and experience with testing within a SharePoint environment.
Load test cases, track, prioritize, assign and report on defects and resolution status in SharePoint.
Execute functional, regression and performance testing on SharePoint applications environment.
Perform knowledge transfer to Operational staff
2. Microsoft Office Suite (5 years).
3. Azure DevOps (1 year).
4. IBM DataStage 8.1 or higher (2 years).
5. Data warehouse gathering, understanding, and documenting business reporting requirements for complex data warehouse solutions (3 years)
6. Highly skilled in SQL programming, stored procedures, and scripting. Experience with Oracle, DB2, Teradata, SQL Server databases.
7. Exposure or knowledge using InfoSphere products including: Information Data Architect, DataStage, QualityStage, Business Glossary, Information Analyzer, Metadata Workbench, Information Services Director
8. Ability to partner and build relationships with Senior Management, and communicate to multiple audiences
9. Proactive, great attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver
10. Ability to deal with long term goals along with immediate performance concerns
11. Strong communication skills and the ability to translate highly complex technical issues to non-technical audience
12. Experience with leading BI tools such as MicroStrategy, Cognos, Tableau, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Power BI or others desired.
13. Hands on experience using and testing SharePoint Online or SharePoint 20xx, O365 as Record Management platform
Job Type: Full-time